What's Your Dream Occupation

Options

Replies

• estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Stay at home Mom! I work very hard as an HR Assistant and end up working at home quite a bit too. My mother-in-law spends a lot of time with my son but I wish I could be there all the time! I HATE knowing I am missing so much and it breaks my heart every day. Can't believe I'm writing this as I have always been an ambitious, career-minded business woman. I just want to be Mom. Or a farmer/stay at home mom. I'd love to farm.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lighting Designer for theatre. :-)

I do this as volunteer work now, but still have to answer phones and sort mail at a bank headquarters to pay the bills. Someday....
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Professional ice cream taster.
  • rmkramer003
    rmkramer003 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Design and build a self-sustaining space station.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    detective............a sexy detective!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Motivational Speaker! I love it!!!!!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Queen
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Pre-school dance teacher! A seven figure earning dance teacher.

Please and thank you.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Kept woman.
  • aricbramlett
    aricbramlett Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in the Air Force now and I love it. But once I retire, I would love to open up a restaurant with my wife. She is an amazing cook, and I would love to BBQ and sell smoked foods.
  • ShellyJKFIT
    Options
    My dream job would be to be a mom and to be able to stay home with the kid(s) and focus on volunteer work.

AMEN! ME TOO !
  • ShellyJKFIT
    Options
    Stay at home Mom! I work very hard as an HR Assistant and end up working at home quite a bit too. My mother-in-law spends a lot of time with my son but I wish I could be there all the time! I HATE knowing I am missing so much and it breaks my heart every day. Can't believe I'm writing this as I have always been an ambitious, career-minded business woman. I just want to be Mom. Or a farmer/stay at home mom. I'd love to farm.

AWESOME!! I LOVE THIS!
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'd say burly-q performer, but that's pretty much reality at this point. Aside from that, I'm going to head back to grad school for a degree in Photography. I love playing with chemicals. :P

I guess my dream occupation is "Burlesque-dancing Photographer".
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    Social media manager for a sports team. Particularly the Chicago Cubs, Tampa Bay Rays, Washington Nationals or Chicago Blackhawks.

That or you know, Ina Garten.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Secret Agent for the Impossible Missions Force.

Think: Cinnamon Carter.

=^x^=
  • Focusing_on_Liz
    Options
    I would love to travel around the world rating hotels.
  • GSB10
    GSB10 Posts: 6
    Options
    I want to be a stay-at-home mom until my children are preschool age, but in the future I'd love to be an elementary school teacher.
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Professional fantasty writer - enough that I could stay home to work, and have more time with the kids. Granted, I've gotten a few stories published, but never more than $50 or so a story, which is hardly enough to live on. I could also live with Choir director, voice actor, or any other sidebar art form I've dabbled in. All fun and rewarding, but none I've managed to make anything even close to a real living with. (but hey, at least my "day job" doesn't suck)

YESSS. Stick with it. I have very similar feelings about art/artistic pursuits, and I think, if you're getting work, you're on the right track.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    a singer, but I can't sing, my 3rd grade teacher asked me to lip the words at the Christmas program. lol
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Graphic Designer and Artist. And now living it!!

Im such a nerd:glasses: