After joining MFP, how long did it take you to loose 10 lbs?

Options

Replies

• anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I guess I was lucky because it only took me 2 weeks. (I also stop drinking and started P90X)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Two months, but back then I was averaging five pounds per month.
  • adam1885282
    adam1885282 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    About 3 weeks. I started 4/30 and 10 pounds was gone on 5/23. But 10 pounds is a lot more to lose for people with less to lose. I had 50 to lose and weighed 232.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    One month three days.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have been with MFP since April and I have lost 8lbs.. :flowerforyou: I am for atleast a pound a week if I can..I sometimes only loose half a pound or turtle(stay the same).. Don't give up it will happen slowly but as long as you eat,drink and keep motivated you will do it.:drinker:
  • keithgi
    keithgi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound a week for 15 weeks... then plateaued!!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    about 2 and a half months. im at about a lb a week.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    1 month
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    1 month
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It took me about 2 weeks.. I was working REALLLLLLY hatd and eating really well. I stopped for a few months, didnt gain but didnt lose either. Just started back again, and hit my 10 lb mark 2 weeks again... I take alot of fiber also. Everyone is different, ppl who have mroe to lose(bigger), seam to lose faster at first, on the other hand, people who need to only lose 20(smaller), it takes alittle longer it seams. Good Luck!! :drinker:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 weeks. . . but I'm expecting that the next ten pounds will be much slower. Going from 136 to 126 was easier than dropping to 116 will be. It does suck that as your weight drops so does your BMR and your caloric needs.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    It took me 8 weeks. . . but I'm expecting that the next ten pounds will be much slower. Going from 136 to 126 was easier than dropping to 116 will be. It does suck that as your weight drops so does your BMR and your caloric needs.

If you add muscle to your body, it will increase your caloric needs, because you will burn more while you're resting :)
  • Emitchell10
    Options
    i have lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks but it all depends on you and what you do. Remember it takes time and the healthy way is about 2lbs a week. Drink water and do exercise. i found a book with a walking routine that helps keep you walking. It's called Walk Off Weight. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    3-4 weeks
  • jomckillop
    jomckillop Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 3 weeks and lost 8.5lbs, so i'm hoping to have lost 10lbs by next week, so about 4 weeks.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    2 weeks. Half of that was probably water weight. I also lose and gain weight a lot faster than lots of people..
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    21 days to lose my first 10lbs
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    first 10 was the easiest, 4 weeks
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    10 days to lose 10lbs, then it slowed to around 2lb a week for 6 months, then 1lb per week for 1 month, then nothing for 4 weeks, then I lost 4lb again this week
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    It took me about 2-3 weeks (I dropped a lot of weight the first month).