Polar HRM Calories

Options
I bought the Polar FT7. When do we 'Stop' the HRM event? After we stop the exercise, or after the heart rate returns to the ‘Rest’ rate? At what point do you stop the FT7 recording calories for logging MFP? Sometimes it stays in Fat Burn for several minutes, even if sitting before returning to close to normal. I really want to log correctly.

Replies

• avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    As long as your in your fat burn zone you should count that time after working out too. I also have a polar HRM but I just stop it after the workout, becuase I want to log in the time working out although obbviously I'm still in the fat burning zone afterwards. I guess just stay consistant if you always wait until your HR is back to basal level then count it that way or if you stop it as soon as you stop working out, then do that always. Hope it helps :smile:
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I really wonder about this because when you do a cool down the heart rate drops and gradually settles down, but can still be well over 100. Then if you stop moving for a while or even sit down, sometimes it can take several minutes to return to a more normal state. Of course sitting is going to be lower than standing, but we should know what is 'normal' for us.