Favorite brand of whole-wheat wrap?

Options
megleo818
megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
Hello! Who's shopped around for the tastiest wraps and found favorites? -- I'm just talking the wrap itself (I can figure out how to stuff it!)

I'm not married to the idea of whole wheat, but want some fiber in there. I'd also like to keep the calories below 150 per wrap. I've tried a couple of different whole wheat tortillas, but they've been pretty cardboard-like and slightly on the bitter side. I'm sure there have to be some yummy choices out there, but I'd love advice before I go out and waste my dollars on more cardboard ...

BTW, I have a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's near me (along with the regular big chain grocery stores).

Thanks!

Replies

• catsph123
    catsph123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer suggested Joseph's low carb pita (its called Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Pita Bread) and low carb lavash (Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Square Lavash) bread.

http://www.josephsbakery.com/

One pita is 60 cals and 8g carbs (4g of that are fiber). Hope this helps!
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Flat Out Flat bread- 90 calories - 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber -

I make pizza on these things- just had an egg wrap for break fast and spreading laughing cow on it and lots of chopped veggies just may be lunch today.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I think Josephs are the best anyway you eat them, but they are exellent for skillet pizza or pizza on the grill. Flatouts are my second fave and for smaller ones, I like LaTortilla Factory High Fiber Low Carb Smart & Delicious.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's 95% fat-free multi grain tortillas. They are 60 calories, 11 net carbs, 8g of fiber and really good. They don't have that cardboard taste that a lot of wheat tortillas have. They also come in salsa flavor,
  • megleo818
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Going shopping ... :happy:
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Have you considered going multigrain rather than wholewheat? I have the same cardboard issue with wholegrain so I just get Deli Mission Multigrain , they are 202 kcal each so a bit over your limit but I find they're worth it. They are also quite large area wise. I'm in the UK not sure it you can get these or an equivalent where you are.
  • eksingleton
    eksingleton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    LaTortilla factory makes the best tortillas for wraps - low carb and low in calories. they taste good and are easy to fold too. My favorite are the 50 calorie tortillas.
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Flat out! is awesome flatbread. Me and the kids make pizza and wraps on them. Awesome stuff. and I like that it's soft and thin and low in fat and calories. Just found them a few weeks ago but I love them. They are great with just a touch of sauce diced onion and peppers and low/part skim moz. cheese on them..YUMMO.

I do the same thing in the pita pockets.
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers whole grain tortilla only 100 cals so goood
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Tumaro's 95% fat-free multi grain tortillas. They are 60 calories, 11 net carbs, 8g of fiber and really good. They don't have that cardboard taste that a lot of wheat tortillas have. They also come in salsa flavor,

I second the Tumaro's wraps. I'm obsessed. I actually prefer the Salsa flavor, it is only 50 calories (10 cals less that the plain) and more flavorful, but the flavor isn't so strong that it only goes with certain things, I think it goes with anything. I use it for breakfast burritos with egg and turkey bacon, tuna wraps, bean burritos, pb and fruit wraps, enchiladas, hummus wraps, on and on. It's the lowest calorie wrap around too!
  • megleo818
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks again!
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely the La Tortilla Factory mini wraps, especially the Fiesta one--a little spicy and not so cardboardy and only 50 cals for a "normal" size tortilla
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Flat Out - Garden Spinach Wraps - Light, 1 wrap : 90 calories. Love them!
  • NCISFanatic01
    Options
    Flat Out - Garden Spinach Wraps - Light, 1 wrap : 90 calories. Love them!
    have you tried the Italian Herb flatouts? I love them. make a great tasting
    flatbread pizza. yeah..
  • NCISFanatic01
    Options
    LaTortilla factory makes the best tortillas for wraps - low carb and low in calories. they taste good and are easy to fold too. My favorite are the 50 calorie tortillas.

What region are you in. I've never seen that branding here in Eastern US..I'm in Kentucky and I've never seen that brand in
    my area.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I eat Father Sam's Low Carb Wheat Wraps. Its the carbs I have to be concerned about.
  • NCISFanatic01
    Options
    Hello! Who's shopped around for the tastiest wraps and found favorites? -- I'm just talking the wrap itself (I can figure out how to stuff it!)

I'm not married to the idea of whole wheat, but want some fiber in there. I'd also like to keep the calories below 150 per wrap. I've tried a couple of different whole wheat tortillas, but they've been pretty cardboard-like and slightly on the bitter side. I'm sure there have to be some yummy choices out there, but I'd love advice before I go out and waste my dollars on more cardboard ...

BTW, I have a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's near me (along with the regular big chain grocery stores).

Thanks!

You know, there aren't any whole foods around me that's within a 30 mile range. But our locals are picking up more and more whole food type stuff. I found the Flatouts! at Walmart. Walmart also carries some whole wheat tortillas and pizza crusts as
    well so I usually just buy there. Try the Flatouts. They are NOT cardboard like in MHO. Heiner's 35 whole wheat tastes really
    good too. Not at all cardboard like either.