Stress...

lolo0727
lolo0727 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
I have lost 20 lbs in the past, and put it all back on :ohwell: It was much easier when I was taking classes in college and had a set schedule. I now am working at a busy veterinary hospital. My job is not only physically demanding, but mentally straining. The last thing I want to do is work out or eat a salad at the end of the day. I tend to bottle up my anxiety/stress and release it by binge eating in front of the TV after a long day (especially my 12 hour shift!). It doesn't help my work constantly brings treats to snack on throughout the day. I am not overweight, but I don't fit into any of my clothes anymore. I always identified myself as an athlete. I feel like I've lost myself in food and laziness. I am going to start getting up early to work out. The morning is the hardest time for me (I am not a morning person!). I have found a cd that has motivational messages to download for my ipod to get me out of bed. Hopefully that will help! Diet will be the hardest part for me.
I am moving to Sydney, AUS in February for vet school and want to be able to fit into my jeans at that time! Wish me luck!

PS wearing scrubs also contributed, I could gain another 20 lbs and they would still fit!

Replies

• When I had a long and demanding job I found that working out in the morning helped me with stress throughout the day. I was much happier and was able to keep up with things and not be so tired by the end of the day. I am also not a morning person and hate to get out of bed. Especially when there is three feet of snow here like there can be on any given day. Hope things go well for you. Good Luck!!
  • Hey!!

Welcome!! I hope you like this site as much as I do!! It's a great place to keep track of everything!! Exercise has increased my energy & the food diary is great at helping keep track. I find I can eat more than I thought I could & it doesnt have to be a salad all the time. There are great recipes ideas too.

Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.