Implanon - pain with weight loss

Options
I've had the Implanon in since Jan 2011, I've never had any trouble with it at all...until now.

Since I have started lifting 8 weeks or so ago and losing some weight, the skin over the implant seems sore and overly sensitive. Sometimes when doing squats (bar across my back) it feel like the implant is pulling the skin over the top of it tightly.

Does anyone else experience this? I thinking it could be because I'm (hopefully) dropping some body fat and therefore it's closer to the skin that what it was before.

Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    No, but I had many other troubles with it. Gained 20 pounds in 3 months, acne, extreme hair loss, abdominal pains. I have read a lot about implanon side effects and have heard of that happening within the first three months or so, if its giving you trouble now maybe they implanted it too deeply? I'd get it checked ASAP.
  • chloebarge
    chloebarge Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ive never been able to feel it at all when i do my kettlebell workout. Id go get it checked out as it should be just under the skin away from muscle but it sounds like yours is actually in or too close to your muscle :/
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It's not in the muscle, its just under the skin where it should be. I've had it in for 18 months and only now I'm noticing it more that I've lost some weight.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It might be psychosomatic. I have psychosomatic pain with mine. (ie. I can't stop remembering that it's there and it hurts/ aches/ twinges and otherwise bothers me because I can't forget it)

I have had implanon 3x (9 years) and it gives me the creeps... but it's better than the alternative. lols.

I would still see a doctor though - if he/she gives you the all clear then don't worry, just try not to think about it.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It could be the fat that was between it and your skin is thinning so it's irritating you, get it checked though, it might have moved.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I had one of mine shift (on my third) and had to be removed from a totally different place. Not had problems since losing weight, but I'd get it checked out , I get a little skin irritation there from time to time but nothing bad.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I get little pinches every now and then from it, I hate this thing! 1 more year and I can get this POS outta my body seriously tired of having TOM 20 days outta the month!!!! it gets even worse if I go low carb. I didnt gain weight to speak of, but its been super difficult to lose. Ive had to get estrogen pills to stop the CONSTANT TOM. ugh worst BC ever. My body hates it.