New - again!!!!

Options
2essie
2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
Here I am again. I joined a few weeks ago but didn't join this forum so that is where I probably went wrong. I lost 5lbs last time round so know it works but I had a bad day and gave up now I am more determined. The trouble is you all look so young, pretty and SLIM looking at your photos. I am 61 and feel a little too old for this (unless you know better). It would be good to have someone about my age to be in comtact with or someone who might want to adopt a short fat granny figure:-) I am very determined this time round and know I can do it.

Replies

• lose3stone
    lose3stone Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    hahaha, I'd love to adopt a granny figure (though I'm a little to old )

I will require a weekly or maybe daily kick up the butt to keep me on track and some one to have a chat too.... and I will help you in anyway I can..... will you be my granny????? ;)
  • chizumlassstar
    chizumlassstar Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You are NEVER to old to lose weight and/or get fit. I am 27 and firmly beleive that you are only as old as you feel. Like Chris LeDoux once said, "it ain't the years, its the miles". I want to tell you about my supervisor who is in her mid 50s and my other coworker who just turned 50 or 51 I beleive and she has been working really hard to lose weight and has lost over 130 pounds. She just walks like a crazy person. She is a food lover and a wonderful person. I guess the reason I'm telling you this is to let you know that you age isn't a factor. In fact I think it will help you because you have more life experience than us "young, pretty, SLIM looking" people. You can do it. You know you can and that is the most important thing. I beleive you can do it too, for what it's worth. Feel free to message me when the going gets tough.
  • 2essie
    Options
    I would love to be you
    granny. Thanks for asking. Please accept me as a friend because I haven,t worked out how to do it yet. Hee hee I am so excited I never expected a reply. Please keep me informed how you are doing and I will help all I can.
  • 2essie
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement. I will stick with it and I am off to do some walking now. Thank you once again
  • 2essie
    Options
    Going for my hourly walk now. Two dogs in tow.