Any Glaswegians here?

Options
Im off to Scotland tomorrow and im wandering if smn could give me some advice on where to buy healthy foods, which stores are good as well as restaurants maybe, where theres lots of veggies etc. because im gonna stay there for 2 weeks and I have to take care of my nutrition :) thanx guys!

Replies

• DekuNutty
    Options
    Hey. I'm not ACTUALLY from Glasgow, but my sister lives quite close, and she's told me about this place:
    http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=4274
    It's a vegan restaurant/shop/bar, which, to be honest, I wouldn't normally be for, but she's all over it, and seeing your post made me think about it. That site also has reviews of other vegan/vegetarian restaurants and all that jazz. Some of them also serve meat, and some are also grocery stores.
    Hope this helps.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    There's some good places with salad options around the stations too.
  • minnie_monroe
    Options
    thank you girls :)
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am from Glasgow and too be honest you will be lucky to find healthy options if eating out - check the menu before you go. I have stopped eating out because most resaurants are upmarket macdonalds. Although the merchant City and West End areas have some healthy options. Enjoy your stay:)
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Haha I dont think healthy and Scotland go together do they?? Remember this is the country which Scotch and egg and deep fry Marsbars!!