Heart Rate Monitor

Options
Hello!

I'm looking to purchase my first HRM. Looking for something inexpensive, relatively easy to use that will get the job done. I've heard good things about the Polar FT4 but looking for others to compare to.

Any suggestions...?

Thanks!!

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. Sorry, not much help for what you wanted lol
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    That's what I have too. Sensing a trend ;)
  • kdcallaway
    kdcallaway Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks guys..... so is the FT4 fairly simple to use?
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. Sorry, not much help for what you wanted lol

X2. Very nice unit
  • healthynursein2015
    healthynursein2015 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i have polar FT7, i am on a weight magment program through my work ( iam a nurse and work for a hosp) this is the unit they give their clinets, i realy like it, easy to use, easy to read, it helps to motivate you when you are exercising to get that heart rate up .This one is well worth the money .
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I use the polar ft1 - it is a heart rate monitor just like the FT4 and 7 - but without the memory functions. Well, I can record each workout on various apps, and even just a spreadsheet so I don't need the memory functions. Main reason i bought the Polar was it's compatability with LifeFitness Cardio equipment, and as LifeFitness are industry leaders it was an easy choice to make.

So, with the money saved I bought a Gym Boss - which is without doubt the single most useful item ever. EVER.

And also with the money saved I bought a Swiss Ball and a set of cheap resistance bands.

So, I got a complete workout kit for maybe a few dollars more.

And now I know about Perceived Exertion Rate and what my body can do, I don't really need the HRM.
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks guys..... so is the FT4 fairly simple to use?

Yes it is. I have it too. It took me a few tries to get the chest strap right, like tightness and placement with a bra on, but it soooo awesome. I was underestimating my calorie burn by 100 or more. The directions to get started are easy.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    This is a great post, i am going to get one soon as well. Has anyone had problems with heart flutters after using HRM? That happened to me several years ago when i used one but i cant remember now which one it was.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have to second (or third or fourth) vote on the FT4. Love it! Super easy to use.
  • kdcallaway
    kdcallaway Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cool!! Thanks for the responses.... I now have something to go on .. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend