Wii Fit - reviews wanted!

Options
For those of you out there that use Wii Fit - what do you think? Do you get a decent workout with it? Does it keep your interest? I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks!

Replies

• SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I use the Wii Fit, I set it to the Free step 30 minute option (you unlock this one by doing the various activities), and then I stack the balance board on top of an aerobics step to turn it into 30 minutes of stair climbing, while I watch a DVD (Wii Fit gives you the option to be able to switch your TVs channel while still keeping up with the free step, just keep your steps in time with the clicker sound on the wii control).
    Last time I did that I burned about 270 calories... so, Wii Fit's a pretty good place to start.
    I mostly do my workouts using the Wii My Fitness Coach though... but when I'm feeling uber lazy and just want to watch something on TV, I'll pop in the Wii Fit so I can do both the exercising and the watching DVD thing :-)
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I never even heard about that functionality. Thanks!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I mostly use the Wii Fit to jog. Like the other member said, after you use the Wii awhile, and unlock things, you can watch regular tv while you're jogging too. So I choose free run and jog for either 20 minutes or a half hour while watching a show and listening to my steps "jogging" away! :happy:
    My husband, on the other hand, loves to just use the Wii Sports, and gets quite the work out playing baseball and tennis. I SHOULD try that too, but, I really stink at those, so it's depressing to me! :laugh:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i dont find it that good - i thought i would love it and it would be a great workout.

the only activity on it that i feel works me out is the hula hooping.
    i wore my HRM whilst on it once i burned 115cals in 30mins - which i would usualy burn in about 10mins at the gym.

i dont like the fact it makes my wii mii fatter when it weighs me either