Need's motivation

Options
Hi everyone. I was doing so well for a few weeks but I have recently fell off the wagon sort of speak. I was exercising and doing well...then I went on a trip and there goes my motivation. Granted I did lose some weight during the trip (must have been all the walking in the Mall of America) but the exercise has gone down the drain since I got home. Help!! How do I get back into my routine again...and feel better about myself?

Replies

• Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What kind of exercise are you doing?
    Start out small, at least getting out the door to do something you like to do, walking, running, hiking, or going to the gym. I just starting running again after a 2 month break. I agree with you, it is difficult but once I got out there it is a reminder that I love to do this.
    Don't be too hard on your self but hold your self accountable, you can do it :)
  • evenduchess83
    evenduchess83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well before my trip I was doing turbo jam...and walking with my dog. I am still doing the walking...but I do not have any motivation to do turbo jam at the moment....but it is fun and easy to do. Just need to get my butt in gear and get going again.
  • Donnaovercomer
    Options
    Not sure what Turbo Jam is but it sounds intense.
    At least you recognize that you need to start moving again and you are still walking with your dog, so try doing something that is not as intense to start but a little bit more than what you are doing now.
    Not only that you lost weight on your trip, how awesome is that!!
  • MereSanity
    MereSanity Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I know how you feel. I usually manage to do well for a few weeks and then something trips me up and I just can't get going again. I was doing really well for a few weeks and then I decided to re-weigh myself (not a good idea)...no weight loss. Now I am depressed (because if I was doing what I was supposed to with nothing to show for it, then why am I still doing it!). I've had a bad weekend so far which will only compound the problem. It is just so hard to stay motivated.
  • Donnaovercomer
    Options
    Hello there, I know how you feel. I usually manage to do well for a few weeks and then something trips me up and I just can't get going again. I was doing really well for a few weeks and then I decided to re-weigh myself (not a good idea)...no weight loss. Now I am depressed (because if I was doing what I was supposed to with nothing to show for it, then why am I still doing it!). I've had a bad weekend so far which will only compound the problem. It is just so hard to stay motivated.

But you didn't gain either and that is good! Do not let the numbers on the scale always define your mood or motivation. How do you feel, how do your clothes feel, are you happy about your food choices and what you are doing to make a lifestyle change...your in it to win it...keep it up!
  • evenduchess83
    evenduchess83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It was pretty cool to lose those 2 pounds. I completely thought it would have been the opposite. Turbo Jam is essentially kick boxing. It is really fun.

MereSanity...I know how you feel. I used to look at the scale a lot and it got me depressed. I now focus on how my clothes feel. That is a good indicator that something is working.