CHANGE ONE THING

Options
We've all been at plateaus. We've all been in a place where we want to surge ahead and are dangling over precipices. I surmounted a plateau two months ago, and I'm happy to be where I am weight wise, but most people are never happy with 90% perfection - they want that last 10%, and I'm no different.

I've decided FINALLY to switch to fat free milk. Big deal you say? Okay. While getting my calcium in my cereal and coffee, and possibly being able to have a little MORE milk (which isn't bad for someone my age), I"m going to LOSE 5 grams of fat daily. The big deal in that is this: I'm going to be dropping 378 calories of FAT weekly. Cumulatively that's 1512 fat cals per month. But isn't that just shy of half a pound? Why YES, it is. I want calcium, and I love flavor of regular and 2% milk, but for the sake of shedding another half pound of difficult-to-burn-off calories, I'm willing to make the sacrifice. Sure, I might sneak a handful of single serve coffee creamers from the cafeteria now and then and throw one in per day (1G fat) just to give my one daily cup of coffee body and a little flavor, but I'm betting I won't always remember to grab them, and the overall effects will be positive. Simple. Change ONE thing, watch the results. I've done this before, and I know it works. This one will take at least two months to really be detectable; I'm not looking for instant results, but the habit will be a good one, PLUS, I get to have some more natural calcium in my diet.

What's the ONE THING you can change?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    One thing I have changed is no soda!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Cut down significantly on alcohol. No change so far, but I'm giving it time and enjoying my savings in the meantime.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I tried not eating sweets like cookies, cake, sweet drinks, ect, and I lost amost 3 pounds in a week (without changing anything else from my diet) after an ongoing standstill. You're very right, just cutting simple things can really have an impact on weight loss.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I've started lifting weights at the gym. I now alternate an hour of cardio with half hour of cardio plus half hour of weights. I do like the idea of cutting out sweets - I definitely need to do that too since I have a terrible sweet tooth. I'll really be hitting the fruit hard to compensate.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

I need to change coffee drinking outside the house...meaning not ordering those $3 coffee drinks. I don't know exactly what goes into them. I need to cut down to coffee only 1-2x/week if at all anyway.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Cut down significantly on alcohol. No change so far, but I'm giving it time and enjoying my savings in the meantime.
    Ditto!