Whole Wheat Waffles

1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp of salt
    1 tbsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    1 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    3 tsp splenda (I omitted and added some cinnamon)

Calories depend on the size of your waffle maker, but I divided them into 100 cal portions. I freeze them, so they're ready right away in the morning. Then you can dress them however you like. Jam is really good. Fruit, honey, nuts, even an egg.

Egg Sammich

Toast
    Sunny Side up Egg
    Low-cal cheese
    Tomato
    Lettuce

Calories depend on bread. Pick something whole wheat and dense and full of nature.

Cereal

Kashi GoLean
    Berries or Banana
    Almond or Coconut milk

Kashi is high calories, but it's also high in protein and carbs, so it should keep you full.

If I'm jogging in the morning...

Before jog:

1/2 cup Kashi GoLean cereal
    1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
    110 Calories

After Jog:

1 Scoop Allmax Isoflex, Peanutbutter and Chocolate
    110 Cals

Total: 220

BUT. If you're still getting hungry before lunch, eat a snack around 10:30. If I get hungry I have carrots and dip. (Boathouse Farms Classic Ranch, 45 calories for 2 tbsp). You could also do fruit.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelette with spinach and mushrooms. My favorite. I have it everyday!!
  • coreymo
    coreymo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I read this in the book "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall, tried it out, and have adopted it as my regular BF. I eat salad for breakfast now. Lots of greens, add blueberries, strawberries, banana, whatever fruit I want, then sprinkle it with flax seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds. I love it. I actually bought one of those salad lunch boxes from Kroger and I make it up the night before to save time.

My other favorite beakfast is Good'n'natural nutrition bars. They are my quick and easy back up for the mornings I get a late start and have to run out the door without eating.

Good luck!
  • starlite_79
    starlite_79 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i make this blueberry almond oatmeal recipe at least 3 times a week. it's delicious and very satisfying!

http://nutritionsuccess.org/blog/2011/12/breakfast-to-keep-you-running-all-year-long/

346 calories 57 carbs 11 fat 9 protein