Where do you go clothes shopping?

Options
Iansmommy123011
Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
Where do you go for clothes, bra, underwear, workout clothes, and shoes shopping? Do you spend alot of money or do you buy them on clearance?

Replies

• kattipoo93
    Options
    Clothes: Anywhere there's a sale xP Typically places like Target, Kohl's, and JCPenny
    Undergarments: Wherever I find something cute and kinda cheap (so def not Victoria's Secret) Walmart, Target
    Workout clothes: Academy if I find something really nice and cheap. Walmart as well
    Shoes: Once again, anywhere there's a sale. Got shape-ups from Ross for $25 :)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Clothes and shoes from Kohl's and Target. Workout clothes at Target usually. Bras at JC Penney or order online. And undies from VS and Aerie.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Normally when I lose couple pounds I treat my self. I don't buy food. I buy my self a cute outfit, bra's and underwear or anything else that I want besides food. Well this wed. I went to the mall and I bought my self matching bra and underwear from Aerie. I never bought anything from there before, so it was my first time and they had a good sale so that was good for me.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well there is a shopping center here that has a ton of outlet stores and it is probably the greatest thing ever. I go to the Banana Republic outlet store a lot and it's wonderful. Banana Republic is usually pretty expensive, but not there. I got a shirt that is normally $30 for $6.99 and a shirt that is normally $34 for $10.50. Those were the best deals... but almost everything there is on sale from 30-70% off.

I shop at Marhsalls (or tj maxx) a lot. It's also really cheap. lol and has some cute stuff.

For underwear and bras I go to Marshalls as well. Sometimes you go there and go to your size and find an unlimited amount of cute undies for super cheap, and then sometimes you go and there's nothing.

For workout clothes I don't know... I don't really care that much about what I wear to workout in. I just wear tank tops and shorts. I cut up a couple old t shirts into tank tops that I wear sometimes, too.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Ha, my favorite store while losing weight is the Goodwill! I don't have the money to give clothes away. Otherwise my favorite store is Ross & Marshalls & Kohl's. I have picked up some $3/5 workout clothes at WalMart this season. I have not shopped since I have lost so much so I'm looking forward to a huge shopping spree when I hit goal. Last time I bought something new it was a size 2x now I can wear a 12, so a little further to go b/f I get that shopping spree. I have never shopped at VS, nothing ever fit me, maybe I'll try again soon.
  • thunderer74
    Options
    BUMP!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Target has a wide array of dope $9 t-shirts, not gonna lie. Gives me more money to waste on expensive J Crew shorts. :glasses:
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Target and TJMaxx. <3
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Goodwill, Fashion Exchange and Act II, all second hand stores. I had fun stopping at The Citadel in LA last time I went through there, those are outlets.
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Outerwear at charity shops ( I've found two with changing rooms, brilliant!) underclothes and shoes at Target or Meijers
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    Victoria's Secret, Charolette Rousse, Khols (Levi Jeans >>>), Ross, Body Central, Footlocker, Forever 21, Rue 21... I shop basically anywhere I can find cute clothes...I like clothes that are on clearence, but hey if it's cute I'll buy it!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Asda (usa: Wal-mart) or Primark.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Target has some great stretchy bras that are for exercise but they fit nicely and are super comfy and washable. I tend to buy my jeans from a store named Avenue (though now I have more motivation to lower my weight because the local store closed on me!).
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Bras: TJMaxx or Nordstrom Rack (Nordstrom's outlet store).
    Undies: Target
    Workout clothes: Target or TJMaxx
    Other clothes: TJMaxx, Nordstrom Rack, Target, New York & Company, Gap, Unlimited. I live less than a mile from the largest mall in the Southeast and 30 minutes away from a great outlet mall. I go for sales. My favorite sale is the 50% off everything sale at NY & Co. Then I head straight to the clearance rack.

ETA: And Goodwill! I love it. I can get $80 jeans for $7.

ETA More: I am a sucker for good shoes. I go to outlets when I can but I also go to the Puma store in the ritzy mall. And to the Clark's store in the mall here. I love Ecco, Puma, Clark's, Cole Haan, Vibrams, Crocs (the heels, not the fugly ones, though I have those too), Ariat, etc. I spent 14 years in retail so I know the value of happy feet.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Shhhh...dont tell but I'm a big fan of Savers for a lot of things. I buy " unmentionables":blushing: at Dillards, Kohls and Vickies Secret. Penneys gets a few of my dollars along with Cato and Cold Water Creek. Im not really a shoe horse and buy them whereever I may see a pair I want.
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A majority of my clothing comes from DressBarn [I'm a sales associate there!]. I LOVE that for Women's sizes there is a beautiful variety AND the same for their Missy side [there's even Petites, which I am not, lol]. I also go to The Avenue for my undergarments since my chest size is bigger than normal [breastfeeding, they're getting back to normal now, though] and because of my weight gain. Once my weight is down, they should go down more letting me shop in almost any store for undergarments. I hope this helps!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army. :blushing:
  • maddycovs
    Options
    TARGET.
    it seriously has everything you need for a good price.
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There is one thing I can't get, Full length cowboy boots. I can get ankle hight boots, but not full length. My last pair came from Oxford street London, cost me £54 in the sales. Now I need new ones and can't find any.