Showing why an HRM may be good to have

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I really don't do anything without my HRM anymore. even my gardening I wear it. I know it's meant for "exercise" but the way I see it anything over 'resting' heart rate or sleeping heart rate IS exercise & that means I'm moving & my heart rate is higher than resting.

MFP always over estimate my burn, so I was glad when it would come back with my HRM as less....that meant I would work harder to get to a point.
  • BubbleGumKisses
    BubbleGumKisses Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio HRM, and I love it. It's personalized by your age, gender, height, weight, and resting heart rate. You can change your weight, age, and resting heart rate, and it adapts to that. It seems to be pretty accurate, and it's a huge motivator in being able to see what you really burn. It's also just like a watch; so it's comfortable. I compared it to my friend's HRM with a chest strap, and it was almost exactly the same reading.

THIS.... I've got the MioMotiva HRM and I love it!!! I just reset my weight on it, I'm 10lbs lighter than when I got it on Mother's day. It tells me I burn much more than MFP had estimated me to be burning... Soooo glad I got it!!