1st time posting.ashamed of my body

Options

Replies

• bjmurray55
    bjmurray55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! Keep up the good work!!!

Is it just me or are your tatoos seemed to be on different sides of your body. Am I missing something?? LOL
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss. :)
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Don't be ashamed of your body. I gain weight exactly like you. It all seems to end up on my tummy. You are young enough, when you reach your goal, you will be rockin' a killer bod. Good luck.. don't give up!!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of little babies right in a row!!!!! Count your blessings :)

I've never experienced the pleasure (err...torture) of child bearing, but I've asked that same question to my husband. He gave a very similar answer. And even with that answer, it doesn't fix the hurt. Congrats on taking charge and taking your body back! The one thing I've struggled to learn is that patience is everything when it comes to transforming your body. If you can be patient and work hard, you will get what you want. And your kids will be oh so proud!!! P.S. Your pics are great! You can definitely see a lot of progress!
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    There's a difference, you're smaller! You notice it more in the upper photos.

The #1 thing to focus on is consistency - just keep it up! You are doing the right things - you are doing the things that your body wants, needs, craves and misses. It's hard at first, and it will always be somewhat hard - it's called "work"ing out for a reason. But it WILL get easier, I promise you that. And when it does, comes the real test of strength and spirit - will you kick it up a notch to see what you're made of? Cuz you never know anything until you try, and where you are now is in the hallway of a million open doors - keep moving forward and you are GUARANTEED to change your life. Whether the pace is slow and steady or hyper speed doesn't matter, just KEEP MOVING (forward)!! Stay still, and you are guaranteed that life will choose for you and it's out of your hands like you say it's been for far too long.

You are taking your life, your happiness and your future back into your own hands. That, my friend, is the greatest gift you can give yourself! KEEP IT UP! You have already done the hardest part - you've started. ;)
  • blondie6688
    Options
    You're doing great!! Keep it up. The only place that Success comes before work is in the Dictionary. It's the best thing I've ever done in my life... to lose 50 lbs and find my true self. You CAN do it. Keep the faith girl!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Never be ashamed of your body!!! Having children is a wonderful miracle....I have five daughters and even though they put my body through hell and back....I never feel ashamed, I feel motivated to get back the body I had before my kids. Maybe not exactly but close enough is good for me!!! You look amazing and should be so proud of yourself for putting your pictures out here!! That takes tons od courage!!! Hold your head up high, you are beautiful and YES I can see a change:wink:
  • musiche
    musiche Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    PS - you talk about being ashamed of your body... I used to be a LOT heavier and I've fought most of the battle you are facing already. I look at my pictures from the past and I am STILL ashamed of how I used to look, how out of shape I was and so unhealthy, and just how unhappy I was... The thing I realize though, is that we are SO much harder on ourselves than anyone else is (unless it's some bully that has more insecurities than we do ourselves and they push that on us... I was the fat kid growing up...).

Don't be so hard on yourself, actually, don't be too hard on yourself. Accept your faults, and then accept that you're doing something about it and be happy that you have the strength to do that! The one really important thing is staying positive throughout this. People tend to eat and lounge when they are bummed, depressed, upset, bored, etc.. Stay positive to foster your ambition and even if you falter, remember this (one of my favourite quotes): "The road to success is paved with many failures." It's getting up and fighting through your own faults that is harder than anything, and that is exactly what makes us better people in the end. We all have faults, and we all mess up. Your true colours are shown when you choose what to do about it. :)

PS, here's a link to my before and after:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/688985-65-pounds-down-people-don-t-recognize-me-lol

I NEVER would have thought that I would get to be who I am now when I started my weight loss journey. Life changed. Correction: I changed my life. There were a lot of ups and downs along the way, (gains and losses) but I kept at it and... voila!
  • JamieAlexandraX
    JamieAlexandraX Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What a difference, keep up the good work.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    i have NEVER showed photos of my body as im ashamed that i have let myself go so much.

my story

10years ago i was 134lbs...then i got pregnant.and gained 50lbs with that pregnancy..never lost the weight after..a few years later i got pregnant again and gained more weight.6 months after having my 2nd child i found out i was 3 months pregnant lol..yeah that blew my mind..and of course i gained more weight.So after having my 3rd child i did lose some weight over the next few years but nothing wow..4 yrs after my 3rd child guess what? im pregnant yet again AND yes more weight added lol...my first child was vaginal and the rest all c-sections..its been 10 months since having my last child-got my tubes tied so he IS the last - a few weeks ago it really hit me that my body is horrible..i asked my husband how in the WORLD can he find me attractive?? he told me big or small you are MY wife and i love you!! it made me feel a bit better but i wanted to take my body back that same day....its been a few weeks now since i started working out...im not a strong person and tire easily so i have been walking every day and doing aerobics also each day...i cant really feel ive lost weight but i took photos back when i first started working out and then took photos today to see if theres a difference... can you see a difference?

im so Embarrassed to post these photos...

i dont know how to post a photo directly on here sorry ... but heres a link to my before and after

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/proud2Birish/Untitled-1.jpg

Yep. It's working for you. God bless, and keep up the good work.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference. Keep up the hard work and in time you will reach your goal. Good Luck to you and Welcome to MFP.

:drinker:
  • madamluck
    madamluck Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!! Keep up the good work!!!

Is it just me or are your tatoos seemed to be on different sides of your body. Am I missing something?? LOL
    lol i mirror flipped one photo so it would face left...and thanks
  • bjmurray55
    bjmurray55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that is funny!!! Anyway keep up the great work, you will do it!!!!
  • Grumpy72ga
    Grumpy72ga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, you can really see progress.

We seem to be in similar spots.. though I keep refusing to be in pictures - my naughty children keep snapping them of me. *sigh* (must make a mental note to hide their devices! LOL!)

Like you, 11 yrs ago, I got pregnant gained 40 was happy when I lost it all and then some. Got pregnant again 18 months later and found out she was a special needs child (spina bifida) gained way too much with her then spent 7.5 months of hospital food (oh wait vending machine food and eating out!) - ya, didn't lose that weight. 18 months later pregnant again! with my 3rd (she was fine) Lost about 5 lbs of that (the first 3 are 2 yrs 3 months almost to the day apart.) The 4th surprise bundle arrived 3.5 yrs later - 3 months early due to high blood pressure which I still have. She is now 3 yrs old. And I have only begun to tackle my weight. I've tried off and on, but my heart and mind weren't it!

I'm not happy with my body image. Not happy that I still look 6 months pregnant 3 yrs later. Still have had people actually ask me when I'm due! (ouch!) But you're making the right decisions and taking steps to fix the problem. My hubby is also super supportive - but that is both a blessing and a curse! He is also an enabler - I want chocolate, he gets it, he wants something, he gets me chocolate (bribery!) LOL!

Keep doing what you're doing and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Some days are minute by minute. Some days are easier than others... either way, one step at a time you'll get there!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i have NEVER showed photos of my body as im ashamed that i have let myself go so much.

my story

10years ago i was 134lbs...then i got pregnant.and gained 50lbs with that pregnancy..never lost the weight after..a few years later i got pregnant again and gained more weight.6 months after having my 2nd child i found out i was 3 months pregnant lol..yeah that blew my mind..and of course i gained more weight.So after having my 3rd child i did lose some weight over the next few years but nothing wow..4 yrs after my 3rd child guess what? im pregnant yet again AND yes more weight added lol...my first child was vaginal and the rest all c-sections..its been 10 months since having my last child-got my tubes tied so he IS the last - a few weeks ago it really hit me that my body is horrible..i asked my husband how in the WORLD can he find me attractive?? he told me big or small you are MY wife and i love you!! it made me feel a bit better but i wanted to take my body back that same day....its been a few weeks now since i started working out...im not a strong person and tire easily so i have been walking every day and doing aerobics also each day...i cant really feel ive lost weight but i took photos back when i first started working out and then took photos today to see if theres a difference... can you see a difference?

im so Embarrassed to post these photos...

i dont know how to post a photo directly on here sorry ... but heres a link to my before and after

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/proud2Birish/Untitled-1.jpg

You're looking good, keep being consistent. You will be at your goal in no time.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There's a difference, and it's great that you have the courage to be honest with yourself. Keep up the progress :-)
  • sissyr75
    sissyr75 Posts: 24
    Options
    I can see the difference. Great job!!! :happy:

I had my daughter 13 years ago and I am still trying to lose the weight!!! Except, I yo-yo. I did go way up on the scale and have lost it. The weight I am now, is actually the weight I was when I had my girl. Just remember our bodies are never the same after we have children. Every person is different on how they lose weight or someone might be more tone than another. Just go by how you feel and what your goals are.

I used to stress about whether I lost weight or gained....now I just focus on inches lost on waist or thigh, et cetera. Keep up the great work. We are all in this together(even as strangers) and we will all get to where we need to be.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can see the changes!! Good job and keep up the good work, you can do it!
  • harrisaman
    Options
    Absolutely I can tell a difference! I am so proud of you for being strong enough to post your pics...Wow you are much stronger than I am, however I have accomplished a lot just by posting my photo! I am overly obsessive about NOT having my pictures taken. I feel like every picture of me looks horrible and I cannot get over it. Amen to you! :)
  • kteamhill
    Options
    First off, I love that you and your husband have an open communication - that is fantastic. Secondly, you shouldn't be ashamed - yes, maybe your body isn't how you would prefer it to be, but you have children which I'm sure are so worth it. Third, there is a definite difference! You are moving in the right direction and it's fantastic! Keep it up! You are on your way!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!