hi all...posting because discouraged...suggestions?

Options
I have seen discussions about bmr...which apparently mine is around 1590....I am eating net calories (after exercise) of around 1000 to 1200 per day...lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. On a different diet years ago I was able to lose 5 per week...I want to lose badly...have not been this diligent in years...I can cut back on sugars and carbs. Any other suggestions? I believe my diary is open if you care to look...I drink app 100 oz of water per day but don't always log it...thanks everyone! :wink:

Replies

• hiawathaperez
    hiawathaperez Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Sounds as though you are on the right track. Hang in there. You are probably just plateauing.

Eat like a King for breakfast.
    Eat like a Miser for lunch.
    Eat like a Pauper for supper.

laters
  • lalipoon
    lalipoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged - it can start out fast then slows. 1 to 2 lbs per week of wt loss is GOOD! just focus on the daily tasks and it will come off.:smile:

25423597.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 3 weeks is great! Your body has changed since your last diet, and you will lose differently. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, slow and steady is the way to go!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I have seen discussions about bmr...which apparently mine is around 1590....I am eating net calories (after exercise) of around 1000 to 1200 per day...lost about 5 lbs in 3 weeks. On a different diet years ago I was able to lose 5 per week...I want to lose badly...have not been this diligent in years...I can cut back on sugars and carbs. Any other suggestions? I believe my diary is open if you care to look...I drink app 100 oz of water per day but don't always log it...thanks everyone! :wink:

I was eating about 1200 cals and bumped it up to netting 1700 cals and lost the same amount a week. Highly recommend eating slightly below tdee :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well - keep on doin' what you're doin'!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    1000 - 1200 calories is very low.

You aren't you years ago. If you've dieted regularly eatingg 1000 calories then you'll have a slower metabolism than you had years ago. Plus you are older than you were. Also slows metabolism. The more you under eat, the more you shed muscle, the harder it becomes to lose weight and maintain weight.
  • CoderGal
    Options

You aren't you years ago. If you've dieted regularly eatingg 1000 calories then you'll have a slower metabolism than you had years ago. Plus you are older than you were. Also slows metabolism. The more you under eat, the more you shed muscle, the harder it becomes to lose weight and maintain weight.

this
  • PixiePickle
    PixiePickle Posts: 68 Member
    Options

this

Net 1000-1200! Not a total of of 1000-1200, this isn't low it's what has probably been set by MFP :huh:
  • CoderGal
    Options

this

Net 1000-1200! Not a total of of 1000-1200, this isn't low it's what has probably been set by MFP :huh:

Agree to disagree
  • akagudelo
    Options
    Hi there! First off congrats on starting your weight loss journey :) Now i dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but i did quickly go through your food diary and I did find some problems with your diet, and this is most likely why you are not losing any more weight.

I noticed that your first meal of the day is rather small and lacking many nutrients, breakfast really is one of the most important meals of the day. So my first suggestion would be to have a bigger, more nutrient dense breakfast. Some options could be: an egg with a slice of whole wheat toast, oats with some berries, high protein smoothie or protein shake, greek yogurt and some fruit, etc.

Secondly, I noticed many foods that are extremely detrimental to weight loss...such as:
    Pretzels, white bread and pasta (white anything for that matter) Candy, chocolates, nutella, pizza, soda, high sugar cereals and cereal bars, brownies, pancakes, fritos, etc.

These foods are very high in fat, sugars, and simple carbohydrates...and are most definitely setting you back. So IMO i would highly suggest you cut all of these foods out and replace them with more wholesome options. Try some greek yogurt, sugar free puddings, fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, nuts, smoothies, whole wheat breads and pastas, dark chocolate (at least 70%).

I can assure you if you cut these foods out and replace them with healthier options you will see a dramatic difference. You have to remember that not all calories are created equally (example: 300 calories of french fries vs 300 calories brown rice or baked sweet potato). So even though you are following your daily caloric needs appropriately, it does not necessarily mean your going to lose weight.

And as for the "junk foods" allow yourself one or two cheat meals per week so you aren't depriving yourself of the foods you love.

I hope this helped and again congrats on your 5lbs lost! :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    5 pounds in 3 weeks is great! Your body has changed since your last diet, and you will lose differently. If you want to lose the weight and keep it off, slow and steady is the way to go!

I agree. It adds up.