Low calorie pizza substitue...

espree70
espree70 Posts: 41 Member
Last night I made a good substitue for pizza at only 325 calories with a salad it made a great meal, thought I'd share it as we are all here for the same reason to change our eating habits.. I used the new Flatout bread...cooked on a sprayed baking sheet at 400 degree's for 8 minutes...I topped it with 1/4 cup Contadina pizza sauce and spinkled with 2 oz. shredded mozzerella cheese, I had sauted muchrooms and onions for my topping along with chopped sundried tomatoes and cooked another 6 or 7 minutes til cheese bubbled, then when I took it out of the oven, I sprinkled with freshly chopped basil leaves from the garden...it was really satisfying and recommend it as a healthy alternative to regular pizza... even my husband loved it .

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Love Flatout bread! Thanks for posting. I'll give this a try.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Drooling.....must give this a try SOON! :love:
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Last night I made a good substitue for pizza at only 325 calories with a salad it made a great meal, thought I'd share it as we are all here for the same reason to change our eating habits.. I used the new Flatout bread...cooked on a sprayed baking sheet at 400 degree's for 8 minutes...I topped it with 1/4 cup Contadina pizza sauce and spinkled with 2 oz. shredded mozzerella cheese, I had sauted muchrooms and onions for my topping along with chopped sundried tomatoes and cooked another 6 or 7 minutes til cheese bubbled, then when I took it out of the oven, I sprinkled with freshly chopped basil leaves from the garden...it was really satisfying and recommend it as a healthy alternative to regular pizza... even my husband loved it .
    AMEN!!! Flat Out Pizza is awesome. We had that last week..
  • Csitri
    Csitri Posts: 132 Member
    will have to try this soon
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    That sounds yummy
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Thanks for posting...my family loves pizza and we've been avoiding it. Will give this a try!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I like it on the naan bread better.You can get it in the bakery section at Walmart.
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    This is my friday night treat. Great substitute. Not quite as filling, but it scratches the right itch!

A few pepperonis or a littls sausage doesn't completely kill the calories either, especially if you go a little easy on the cheese...
  • Jelaine56
    Jelaine56 Posts: 88 Member
    I think it would taste even better cooking it on the grill.. Grilled pizza is the best :)
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    i made homemade pizza yesterday too! except i used pesto sauce and minced garlic for a sauce and it was AMAZING! i also used put mushrooms, ground lean chicken and sliced roma tomatoes on mine!
  • yum sounds great!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Has anyone tried vitalicious new vita pizza yet? I am fond of their chocolately treats but want to take a survey on their pizza's before I order them.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,319 Member
    I've used the flatouts for pizza. Wheat tortillas also work well. I add veggies, cheese, sauce and turkey pepperoni. I usually keep it within 300-400 range. Filling with a salad on the side. Can't and won't give up pizza!
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    Yes! There is an Italian Artisanal variety that has red pepper flakes baked into it. Goes great with a little pizza sauce, a bit of cheese and some turkey pepperoni. Yum!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I bet it is cheaper to make my own pizza too. I may just try that because vita pizza's are really too high for my budget.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    I make mine own too, but haven't used or tried the flat out bread yet. Is it thick like pizza crust? I make mine out quite a bit, but use high fiber tortillas.
  • purpleheart416
    purpleheart416 Posts: 34 Member
    No, the flatouts are quite thin, and get crispy in the oven.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Jenni-o hot italian turkey sausage is awesome on pizza and turkey pepperoni is pretty tasty too.