Running w/iphone... armband or belt?

I like to use my ipod nano when I exercise because it is so small and light, but I'd really love to start taking advantage of all the awesome running apps out there for my iphone. It just seems so cumbersome to have with me though. For those of you that use your iphone when you run, do you use an armband or the belt? Why? Feel free to recommend items, it would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Armband so you don't get caught up in the cords. Also easier to change tracks.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    I have a Bandi belt (available in the Cincy area--got mine at the Flying Pig Expo. Soon they will sell them online, too). Once it's in the belt I don't mess with it. I have Sennheiser headphones with controls for my iPhone/iPod on the cable. I can't stand armbands.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Love my armband for my Ipod. Picked it up for around $6.00 on Ebay. Works like a charm.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    I've used both and like the belt better because I am weird and wearing an armband makes me feel off kilter. I have to have both sides equal...if that makes sense?

I use Runkeeper on my droid but still use my nano clipped to the belt. I run my headphones under my shirt so no tangling of wires for me.
  • michelle1973nc
    michelle1973nc Posts: 26 Member
    I use the armband too. I have to tuck the extra cord into my bra's shoulder straps and have the ear bud cords come from the back. I can't stand the cords in front of me. I have accidentally pulled the ear buds out with an arm/hand too many times.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    I use a spibelt and love it.

I sunscreen the hell out of myself when I run, but I still end up getting a half a shade darker over the course of the summer. I don't want to end up with a white stripe around my arm. :wink:
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    I have a running app on my nano touch if that is what you have.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Arm band for running but I don't use it for strength training as I find it restricts my range of motion when lifting weights.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    I just recently got an armband for my iPhone and I LOVE it! I was skeptical at first and figured it would annoy the crap out of me, but I forget that I even have it on! Mine is called yurbuds IronMan series and I got it from Best Buy.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    i need an armband for running but no idea which one to get. the one from the apple store keeps slipping off as i have very thin arms. id be interested what people suggest. im also in england, it rains everyday so id need a case to protect from rain.
  • JeffInBuckeyeNation
    JeffInBuckeyeNation Posts: 91 Member
    In my hand. I like to check the time on my runs often, so I keep it in my palm.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    I tuck it in my bra.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    armband works for me! I have a belt but haven't tried it yet. mainly got it to carry my mace and keys.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member

Same. I have a droid so it's a bit thicker than an IPhone but I just hold it in my hand so I can track how fast I'm going, see if I need to slow down or speed up, how far I've gone ETC. I use my Ipod for music in an arm band so I don't have to worry about the headphone wires getting tangled.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    I recently starting using my Iphone also. Mostly so I could listen to playlists on Spotify.
    I did invest in an armband (target) and it has been working great.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member

Same here!:smile:
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    I don't run with my droid (don't have an iPhone) but I run with my iPod touch, and I have an armband for it. I love it :) I have to have music when I run, plus I have the couch to 5K app on my iPod, and I don't think I can run without it anymore.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    arm band paired with Jaybird Freedom wireless headset. Awesome combination and the size of the phone doesn't bother me for running or lifting.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    I use a fanny pack with 2 pockets one holds my Iphone and keys the other holds 2 mp3 players both are small so I have music if one dies I thread the cords under my shirt and chest strap for my hrm It sits in front is fairly small under the shirt and days like today close to 90 and high humidity where I am out for 90 minutes tuck a small towel into belt to be able to wipe down face and arms
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Bra. :)

Actually, if I'm taking the dog out, I tuck it in the side pocket of the water bottle/doggie bag holder I wear strapped across like a messenger bag. If I'm just going to the stationery bike, I'll put it on the control panel or tuck it in my bra.

Whatever works. :)