Hi :)

Options
Hello,

I'm Pete. I live near Bristol, UK and I just found this site/app. It looks pretty useful and I've got hopes that this time (first time calorie counting) I will be able to push through the walls I hit in the past to getting in shape.

Looking forward to getting into the community a bit and learning as much as I can about getting in shape.

Good luck to everyone!

All the best,
Pete

Replies

• scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me :-D
  • findingskinnyme731
    Options
    Welcome Pete! :)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi! :) Add me, if ya like!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi pete and welcome I have been on here for a while and just glad I found it and the support and motivation has helped me no end and not I have reached my goal I am still on here to help and motivate others and do the say as everyone did for me when I started and you get a great buch of friends on here so feel free to add me and see how I did and if you want to do any of them
  • brjustice2000
    Options
    It is much more than counting calories. If you manage your nutrients - fats, carbs, sugars, salt, you will see better results. Last week I had a calories deficit of 4,745 and instead of losing over a pound, I gained 2.2 pounds. Looked back at my food for the week and had too many fats and sugars. This week a calorie deficit of 7,909 and expect to see a weight loss when I weigh in the morning.

The body fat loss is the most important to me followed by losing inches on the waist. In a year have gone from 39% body fat to 29% and hoping to break into the 28% tomorrow morning when I measure. In a year almost 9 inches of waist is gone. This isn't easy but using MFP has enhanced my success!

MFP is a great management tool. Good luck. Lots of people are willing to share what has worked for them.
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :)

Yes it's much more than calorie counting. I should have said something like "intake management" since that would encompass what I'm actually trying to do. It's really great to have a tool which allows you to monitor what goes in and what comes out.

Does anyone use or recommend a heart rate monitor? I was considering getting one for working out, but I was wondering if they are any use?

All the best,
    Pete
  • jessicahinz
    jessicahinz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love that your name is "PeteShaped"

Good luck with your journey!!!!
  • Peteshaped
    Peteshaped Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love that your name is "PeteShaped"

Good luck with your journey!!!!

Thanks, seemed apt ;) Good luck with yours too!