quinoa

Options
I LOVE quinoa, I have these bars I made for "pre-workout" and the occasional snack. I just made a new quinoa bar, with chocolate in it. Oh and they are gluten free. So yummy! Don't get them confused with cookies, not the same, but delicious.
If anyone is interested i will post recipes, just let me know

Replies

• kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in the recipe
  • lisav6
    lisav6 Posts: 56
    Options
    Yes please, bought some quinoa a while ago and yet to try it out.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would like to take a look at the recipe. Thanks!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd be really interested in the recipes I have quinoa that I use instead of rice sometimes but that is the only thing I've done with it..
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Please post the recipe
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Me too please!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I would love for you to post it. I'm lost when it comes to this stuff and it's supposed to be really good for you...Please send the recipe...thank you
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • btfitman
    btfitman Posts: 14
    Options
    yes that sounds great
  • TisMeEggin
    TisMeEggin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Interested :flowerforyou:
    TY!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    interested :)
  • omoulton
    Options
    Please post the recipe that you have. I have tried quinoa as "burger" and it was yummy. I will get the recipe and post here for those that are interested.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'd love it! Sounds much healthier than the homemade granola bars or breakfast cookies I make on occasion.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Don't keep us in suspense! :) I like quinoa and am curious about this.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Please, do tell.
  • echandle12
    Options
    Dark chocolate quinoa bar
    Makes 10 bars

These bars are easy to make, high in protein, and perfect when you need a quick, healthy, on-the-go snack. Delicious, too! Slice and store wrapped individually in tin foil for easier grabbing and go-ing.

Ingredients:

Dry:

1 & 1/2 C cooked quinoa
    1 C chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
    3/4 C brown sugar
    1/4 C ground flaxseed
    1 tsp cinnamon
    Wet:

1 C skim/low fat milk (or non-dairy substitute)
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 C dark chocolate chips
    Instructions:

Note: You’ll need to either have some leftover cooked quinoa on hand, or cook some up before you start this recipe. One cup cooked quinoa is equal to roughly 1/4 cup uncooked. Prepare with water according to the instructions on the box. Be sure to let the quinoa cool afterwards.

Preheat your oven to 350.

1) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients, except for chocolate chips.

2) Add wet to dry, stirring gently until mixed. Add in chocolate chips and mix.

3) Poor batter into a baking pan – I used my 7×11 pan (about 2 inches deep), but you can use whatever size you have.

4) Pop it in the oven and bake about 28 minutes – fork check to make sure they are done.

ENJOY!
  • echandle12
    Options
    Apricot coconut quinoa bar
    Ingredients:

1 c. cooked quinoa*
    ½ c. sunflower seeds, ground finely in food processor
    ½ c. almonds, ground finely in food processor
    ¼ c. dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
    ¼ c. honey or maple syrup
    ¼ c. shredded unsweetened coconut
    2 tsp. cinnamon
    ½-¾ tsp. unrefined sea salt
    1 egg
    1 scoop Vital Whey protein powder (optional)

3.3 g of protein per 2×2″ bar

*Soak 1 cup dry quinoa overnight in water and either rinse and cook right away or set to sprout for 2-4 days. To cook: Mix with 2 cups milk or 1 can coconut milk. Bring to a boil, stir, and lower to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes (no stirring). This will make enough for two 9×13 pans of bars or you can eat the cooked quinoa on top of yogurt with blueberries, cinnamon, and maple syrup. You can also freeze extras for future batches. If you only want enough for one recipe, use ¼ c. quinoa and ½ c. milk.

Method:

Simply mix all the ingredients together with a spoon or a mixer, then spread in a greased 8×8-inch glass baking pan. The batter/dough will be rather moist; don’t worry. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch in the center and browning on the edges. Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 16 2×2-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
  • echandle12
    Options
    Also pinterest is an awesome place to find recipes. I have a few more "pinned" on there that I have not tired yet, I need to eat when i have now since they don't last too long unless frozen.
    Happy baking everyone
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you! :smile: