Do apples make you hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• lovetheinsanity
    Options
    Apples are natuarally high in sugars and therefore ur brain kinda urges u to take in more food to stop that "hunger" thats not rlly there. If u do actually want to eat an apple what id suggest is eat half of it and after u finish it eat half of a med carrot to fill u up. And later throughout the day (or the next day if u want) eat the other half with the rest of the carrot.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Apples are a very healthy food, just saw a show on that today. Try eating them baked, for dessert, this may reduce what I think is the acidity that makes us feel hungry. Core them, fill with sweetened ricotta cheese and golden raisins, top with walnuts, and sugar free maple syrup. Bake for about an hour or til tender at 350 degrees, and serve with whipped squirt cream.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Apples make me feel full. But if i have porridge (oatmeal) for breakfast, I am starving all day!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Pair the apple with some protein - works like a charm
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I always feel full after an apple. In high school all I ever ate for lunch was an apple and I felt full after eating it, even the sweeter variates.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. Apples fill me UP! Seriously, if I'm really hungry and I know I still have awhile to go before dinner, I'll eat an apple and it holds me off until then... Especially paired with some yogurt. Oh yum.
  • 1DeterminedGal
    1DeterminedGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love Fuji's, too, so if I have cheese in the house, I try to eat cheese with my apple. That's a great combo and I don't suffer from hunger afterwards. No need to give them up, if you don't have to!! :)
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    sometimes yes. i love to eat apples with a serving of peanut butter or cheese. by doing so, no hunger afterwards. quite satisfying.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think you guys are eating the wrong apples. Try coxes. They have more fibre and less sugar than other types and far less calories.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Never had that happen to me. In fact, I eat an apple when I am hungry.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've googled this before but I can't remember the reason behind it. As long as I'm eating something after the apple though, I'm okay. I used to eat a peanut butter sandwich and an apple for lunch at work every day and I would eat the apple first, then the peanut butter sandwich.