Replies

• NatGnat
    NatGnat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Night Circus
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the third novel in the "Dexter" series by Jeff Lindsay. Awesome stuff.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just finished To Kill a Mockingbird, and currently reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Next on my read-it list is The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Thank goodness for my nookColor :) my books go everywhere with me!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My little sister talked me into reading the Hunger Games. 3/4 through first book and I am enjoying it... Although I have already saw the movie.
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This is a MUST read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also recently finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King, which was wonderful!

I'm reading that right now!

I just finished Night Circus...soo good...highly recommended
  • Dame_Venus
    Options
    Farewell to my Concubine and Peach Blossom Pavilion.
  • imccriv
    imccriv Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the Hobitt to my 8 yr old G-daughter....getting ready for the movie in Dec. Been awhile since I read it.
  • MouthyMatthewCHANGED
    Options
    I'm starting the Harry Potter series again, just because I fancied getting back into some books and didn't fancy trying anything new. Something tried and tested and familiar suits me just fine right now.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    This thread...
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    just finished plane jane by carolyn mccraw before that lone survivor by marcus luttrell
  • biglew909
    biglew909 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a "scanner" by trade, so I'm always reading several books at once:

1. "Unconditional Parenting" by Alfie Kohn

2. "The Complete Guide to Navy Seal Fitness" by Stewart (Stu) Smith

3. "The Biggest Loser"

4. ...and I just picked up "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen Covey

In addition to the myriad home improvement magazines I'm rereading since we just bought a house!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I actually just took up the habit of reading books at 42 yrs of age!..LOL I am currently reading Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. Sure wish I had have done this years ago!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    As an avid romance (smut) fan I picked up 50 Shades of Grey.....read about 2 sentences....and put it down (much like you would a sick animal).

Haha reading Black Hills by Nora Roberts.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Just finished Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. This is a MUST read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also recently finished 11/22/63 by Stephen King, which was wonderful!

I loved 11/22/63 and am now on Gone Girl and really enjoying it.

Both are audiobooks for me (I have an audible.com account), so I can listen when working out, walking to work, cleaning the house etc. :-)

In physical books, I'm reading The Power of Full Engagement (it's about managing your energy, not your time)

FYI - there is a book group on MFP in case you didn't know: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/477-when-i-m-not-on-mfp-i-m-reading
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    About to start fifty shades of grey
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Dune
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't bother w/ Fifty Shades series
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    i am attempting (for the fifth time) to read Wicked. Since i havent picked it up in two weeks........ not sure if im going to EVER finish it

I FINALLY finished it about 2 weeks ago...in all honesty, glad to see the end of it as it's not the easiest read. I think it's because I saw the show first and kept comparing what was in the book to what was in the musical...

I'm reading 50 Shades of Grey and loving it - seems like a very 'marmite' book - you either love it or hate it...I'm the former :tongue:
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    EA review for the special enrollment exam: part 1 individuals......yeah its a very exciting read ;)
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    BUT!!!! After reading thru this thread I just downloaded Gone Girl. Will start that tonight!!!