Multivitamin?

Options
2»

Replies

• klewlis
    klewlis Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was taking a one a day women's formula, but when I would take it in the morning it would make me throw up. When I started taking it at night it didn't make me sick anymore. But overall I think vitamins help. Maybe try taking them 3 or 4 times a week instead of everyday.

were you taking them on an empty stomach? that is usually what causes nausea.
  • Elite4LifeDono
    Options
    I'm currently a Chiropractic student and I have been learning about multivitamins - make sure you pick a quality multivitamin with your essentials. Research has shown that when taken at night, since the body is fasting while you sleep, the vitamins and/or minerals will steadily be absorbed more than if you were to take it in the morning. I just recently learned this about multivitamins at night and I can tell a huge difference. Word to the wise though, if you take it at night, don't get a multivitamin with B vitamins or caffeine as I have, it keeps you wide awake lol. But, I have needed it for studying lately and it has proven effective! Good luck!
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    I have noticeably more energy when I take my multi and have greens. For energy, something with a good amount of the 'B's in it. You could also try some magnesium supplementation (sleep quality, fatique, stress, muscle aches, cramps, tension). If you are uncomfortable with the idea of "horse pills" you can try a liquid multivitamin, or a greens drink. Its also easier on the digestive track.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I take my multivitamin when I get out of bed in the morning before I head downstairs and it definitely gives me energy. I also take a Biotin which changes my carbs to energy and take a Vit b12 as well.....I didn't study your diary but you may be eating 'empty' calories too...
  • Hazel0096
    Hazel0096 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. I got the One a day ones and I am going to give it a try. We have free access to a dietician through work so I am thinking I am going to make an appointment and see if there is anything I can do to help easily. Eating a head of broccoli a day is not an easy fix if you ask me LOL I like broccoli - but I can only imagine the bloating and digestive issues I would have if I ate a whole head of broccoli each day!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I was taking a one a day women's formula, but when I would take it in the morning it would make me throw up. When I started taking it at night it didn't make me sick anymore. But overall I think vitamins help. Maybe try taking them 3 or 4 times a week instead of everyday.

were you taking them on an empty stomach? that is usually what causes nausea.

No I would eat, wait a bit then take it.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to take a horse pill and you have a Trader Joe's near you, they make a chewable multi-vitamin that's berry flavored and not bad at all! I like it WAY better than having to swallow those huge pills.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. I got the One a day ones and I am going to give it a try. We have free access to a dietician through work so I am thinking I am going to make an appointment and see if there is anything I can do to help easily. Eating a head of broccoli a day is not an easy fix if you ask me LOL I like broccoli - but I can only imagine the bloating and digestive issues I would have if I ate a whole head of broccoli each day!

Make sure its a good one a day one. Some brands just don't have enough of each vitamin/mineral. Usually the practitioner only ones are better. You can get green powder if you find it hard to eat enough green vegies.