What summer time fruit or veggies are you enjoying

Options
2»

Replies

• Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, zucchini and summer squash, all fresh from my dad's garden...AMAAAAAZING. Especially zucchini charcoal-grilled alongside a ribeye, so wonderful. :love:

Hopefully he'll have some jalapenos and tomatoes next time I visit...it's been too long since I made salsa with ripe, freshly picked veggies.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Is my first summer getting healthier, and I have been really working on my veggie and fruit n take.

I have loved the berries and since they are in season right now, I have been buying them in huge quantities and freezing them.

I just pitted and froze 5 lbs cherries. They are like little Popsicles.
    Blueberries - just froze 25 lbs, love eating them when they at just not quite frozen and icy.
    Saskatoon berries, we picked 13 lbs right off the bushes.

I ove the peas and carrots right now, and have just been going to the farmers markets and finding little treats. This morning we had yellow tomatoes.

Golden beets and candy cane beets have been awesome.

I will be really sad when winter hits because of the high costs and lack of availability to find these little gems.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    PLUMS! God I love those sweet little babies. But only when they are in season. Otherwise too tart.