This tells you how addicted I have become...

Options
So, everyday I workout at lunch. The gym is right across the parking lot from work so it's very easy. I just grab my gym bag and my car keys (you give them keys they give you a locker key, when you leave you give them their key back and you get yours).

I leave my purse and phone in my office and lock it.

Today I get into the locker room, get undressed (and I'm wearing pantyhose today, so that's a process :smile: ) and open my gym bag.

Pants, check
socks, check
shirt, check
sports bra... sports bra? maybe it's under the shoes? nope...

and wouldn't you know it, the shirt I brought for working out today NEEDS a sports bra cause it's white and thin and the bra I wore today is black and lacey! :grumble:

So I didn't even consider skipping my workout. I put on my workout pants and shoes (no way was I struggling with the pantyhose till I had to) I put back on my very proper work short (let me tell you this ensemble was looking HOT :laugh: ) went back to the desk and begged them to let me keep my other stuff in the locker and give me my car keys so I could drive home to get my sports bra. They were of course very nice and let me do it.

So, I didn't go back to my office ( I know, I was driving without my license on me, but I work for the City so I figured if any Police Officers stopped me, they'd give me a break, particularly if I told them the whole story :laugh: ) Then I proceeded to make the 45 minute roundtrip drive to my house, got the bra, got back to the gym, finished changing and had a great workout!

So, I think I'm addicted to my workouts now, because if that wasn't an excuse to not do it, I don't know what is. :happy:

Jess

Replies

• jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So, everyday I workout at lunch. The gym is right across the parking lot from work so it's very easy. I just grab my gym bag and my car keys (you give them keys they give you a locker key, when you leave you give them their key back and you get yours).

I leave my purse and phone in my office and lock it.

Today I get into the locker room, get undressed (and I'm wearing pantyhose today, so that's a process :smile: ) and open my gym bag.

Pants, check
    socks, check
    shirt, check
    sports bra... sports bra? maybe it's under the shoes? nope...

and wouldn't you know it, the shirt I brought for working out today NEEDS a sports bra cause it's white and thin and the bra I wore today is black and lacey! :grumble:

So I didn't even consider skipping my workout. I put on my workout pants and shoes (no way was I struggling with the pantyhose till I had to) I put back on my very proper work short (let me tell you this ensemble was looking HOT :laugh: ) went back to the desk and begged them to let me keep my other stuff in the locker and give me my car keys so I could drive home to get my sports bra. They were of course very nice and let me do it.

So, I didn't go back to my office ( I know, I was driving without my license on me, but I work for the City so I figured if any Police Officers stopped me, they'd give me a break, particularly if I told them the whole story :laugh: ) Then I proceeded to make the 45 minute roundtrip drive to my house, got the bra, got back to the gym, finished changing and had a great workout!

So, I think I'm addicted to my workouts now, because if that wasn't an excuse to not do it, I don't know what is. :happy:

Jess
  • Erica92627
    Options
    wouldn't it have been faster to go to Target, Walmart, Kmart.. or the like? LOL LOL :laugh: sorry, but that is too cute, and funny at the same time.
  • jessneill
    Options
    wouldn't it have been faster to go to Target, Walmart, Kmart.. or the like? LOL LOL :laugh: sorry, but that is too cute, and funny at the same time.

Trust me, if I had one near me I would have, unfortunately I work on an Island (I'm not kidding) and it's rather affluent so no chain stores are allowed to open here. The only way off the island is a ferry on one end and a bridge on the other. I actually live off the island, across the bridge, and the closest Walmart is about 6 blocks from my house, so going home was actually faster. :smile:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Yes, but she couldn't go buy a new one because the purse was back in the office, remember? That is way too funny! :laugh:
  • Erica92627
    Options
    Live on an island? Sounds like Catalina. But probably not. :laugh:

OH yeah.. the purse was back in the office... meaning no cash! I'm sure they would have gave you a discount.. 5 finger discount..

That is one discount that I have never excepted.. just to set the record straight. :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Ha! that's awesome. You rock girl. I wish I had that kind of will power. I have forgotten things once or twice (I do the same thing with my gym, across the street from my office) and I just give up and tell myself I'll work out at home, sometimes I do...sometimes I don't...:sad:
  • jessneill
    Options
    Live on an island? Sounds like Catalina. But probably not. :laugh:

OH yeah.. the purse was back in the office... meaning no cash! I'm sure they would have gave you a discount.. 5 finger discount..

That is one discount that I have never excepted.. just to set the record straight. :smile:

Nope, not Catalina, wish it was. This is an island near Seattle, so right now no sun mostly rain.
  • jessneill
    Options
    Ha! that's awesome. You rock girl. I wish I had that kind of will power. I have forgotten things once or twice (I do the same thing with my gym, across the street from my office) and I just give up and tell myself I'll work out at home, sometimes I do...sometimes I don't...:sad:

I KNOW, I won't do it at home. Which is why I think I'm so strict about getting my lunch workout in. :smile:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Way to go!

Great demonstration of the word 'commitment', also.

:flowerforyou:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Let me guess... Mercer Island?