Lost 45 pounds but down 1 pants size, WHY???

Options
I have lost 45 pounds but only dropped 1 pant size. I have had to put 4 new holes in my belt but cant get into my size 22 pants (still alittle tight) but my size 24 pants are loose. HELP TIA

Replies

• GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Might be the store your shopping in. In some stores I can't fit into trousers which say 38 inches waist but in others they're loose at 36 inches waist.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My waist is always the first to go and the hips last.Fat comes off first where you gained it last.Do a lot of walking
    to help burn the calories.You should start noticing a difference soon.
  • RunAlyndaRun
    RunAlyndaRun Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I currently have four different sizes of shorts in my dresser. They ALL fit. I think it depends on the brand, style, etc. Have you taken measurements of yourself? That seems to be the best way for me to see a difference. I have a note card with my starting measurements in:

Weight
    upper arm (each arm is different for me...weird, I know)
    chest
    waist
    hips
    thighs (again different ones)

I check them every other week or so to see if there's been a change. The first (and fastest) change has been the chest...of course! The hardest have been the thighs and hips.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like:-)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Very simple answer, your body choses where it loses fat. It may he from your arms, neck, foot, arm, etc... If you are a pear shape, your waist will he the last area. Now if you want to improve fat loss then if you aren't already, start heavy weight training. WT is much more effective at cutting fat than any other type of exercise.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    losing weight from your waist first is a good thing. that's the 'danger' fat that, statistically, increases your risk of heart disaese and other issues. those 4 new notches in your belt are a sign that you're going to live longer!