I overdid it. : (

Options
Today I ran for an hour (in two different gym visits) and swam 500 yards right after the first run. I feel ok, and I'm glad I exercised so much bc i am running my first 5k run in 3 weeks. I'm bummed because when I got home I wasn't even hungry, but I had a shuge fruit smoothie because I thought It would be good for me. I followed that with an ear of sweet corn, two chili dogs on buns, and 2 cups of chocolate milk. This, added to my huge salad and multigrain Cheerios leaves me with NO calorie deficit- even though I worked so hard to burn off 1001 calories exercising! :sad: I am so bummed, I don't want to even work out tomorrow, but I need to prepare for the 5k run. Help me feel better?

My primary reason for doing the 5 k is to lose weight.:noway:

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it! Tomorrow is a new day. I highly doubt you hindered your progress, and it's highly unlikely you gained any weight!
    Just start over tomorrow and see how you feel. If you don't feel too hot tomorrow, have a rest day and start back Monday!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Today is over; you can't do anything about the mistakes you made, so shake them off. Tomorrow is a fresh slate; just start anew. You don't have to repeat today's mistakes. You're the one in control; you can do it! Blessings.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Eh... there is always tomorrow... Cheer up... just behave tomorrow lol :)
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just brush yourself off and start all over again tomorrow. It's a brand new day and consider it another clean start. :) We all make mistakes, and we can't dwell on it. At least it was a tasty mistake!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    This too shall pass ...

(You will be fine.)
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Rule 1 don't eat if you don't feel hungry.
    Rule 2 if you must eat, remember all things in moderation.
    Rule 3 what ever you are about to eat enter it in your diary first so you see what you are about to eat, it does make you think twice about the amount.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    NSV: You're stronger for it.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You didn't overdo anything. You fed your body the fuel it needed.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    You sound like you are an athlete now, not some scrawny waif.
    Eat, and own that 5k!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    what? you didnt overdo it..youre at 2000 calories!!!! you burned 1000...youre at a deficit.

:flowerforyou:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Mmm... chili dogs.
  • Jules2Be
    Options
    Mmm... chili dogs.

you KNOW what would go well with them?
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Mmm... chili dogs.

This.

http://tinyurl.com/9cf4oyg
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh! The 1200 goal plus 1001= 1301. That IS what I ate! 1200 figures in the weight loss! You made my day! Why didn't I think of that? Thank goodness for all of you! I feel sooooooooooooo much better!:heart::blushing: :heart:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Mmm... chili dogs.

This.

http://tinyurl.com/9cf4oyg

Yuck my stomach is just cringing at the thought.

Brenda, no regrets ;) Just behave tomorrow and maybe for most of the week. Even on the Biggest Loser they say you can spurlge once a week and still be okay. As long as you don't do it all the time. You should be okay.
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    This guy is kidding with that pickle, peanut butter, and cottage cheese sandwich fried in butter, I hope? Omg is right! I'm so glad I posted tonight. I found some great support and had a great laugh at the page you quoted!
  • Jules2Be
    Options
    Oh my gosh! The 1200 goal plus 1001= 1301. That IS what I ate! 1200 figures in the weight loss! You made my day! Why didn't I think of that? Thank goodness for all of you! I feel sooooooooooooo much better!:heart::blushing: :heart:

also MFP factors in a calorie deficit already. look at your goals...it may be 500.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If your diary is correct you ate about 2,000 calories while your goal was 2,200 calories. Am I missing something? You still have a deficit if you set MFP up with a goal to lose weight. Although, you might want to eat only 50-75% of your exercise calories in the future to account for inaccuracies.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Actually, according to your diary, you DO have a deficit. See, MFP already gives you a deficit when you tell it how much you want to lose. If you are set to "lose 1 lb a week" then you have a 500 calorie daily deficit, if you eat all of your calories. You still have about 100 calories left, which means you have a 600 calorie deficit. So you really did what you need to today.

Exercise requires fuel. You wouldn't be able to drive cross-country without stopping to fill your tank a few times. Especially when training for a race and pushing yourself so much, you do need plenty of calories. Make sure you get as much nutrition as possible from those calories (fruit smoothy is probably good, if it's all fruit), and maybe even a multivitamin made for very active people.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Rule 1 don't eat if you don't feel hungry.
    Rule 2 if you must eat, remember all things in moderation.
    Rule 3 what ever you are about to eat enter it in your diary first so you see what you are about to eat, it does make you think twice about the amount.

Excellent advise. One thing I would add is to drink water first. And slow down and enjoy your food, don't inhale it.