I just bought size 14s I am sooo excited.

Options
Okay, so to some of you a 14 may not sound like such an exciting size but I wore and 18/20 for...years. I don't know how long exactly but it's been a while. I have been thrilled each time I bought something a little smaller and a little smaller. Tonight I found a pair of great slacks at the thrift store, where I have been doing a lot of my shopping as I am hoping to pass through sizes quickly. They were 14s and I know that as recently as a week or two ago I was pretty sure a 14 would be a no go just by holding them to my waits and opted to forego trying any on so I wouldn't discourage myself. Tonight I just couldn't resist and THEY FIT. I was soooo happy. Anyway, I still have a long road ahead but I thought this might encourage some of you who on the same journey. Share when you grab a smaller size and I'll get excited for you :happy:

Replies

• bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, keep it up!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Good for you! Thats so awesome!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's great! I had gotten up to a 22 [and I'm short!] and said - enough is enough- ! When I hit 14 I was estatic! In fact, I kept going to the plus size of the store, even now, and my friends keep pulling me back to the "regular section".

You should be so very proud of yourself! Size 12 is only around the corner! :flowerforyou:
  • ArmyWifePagano
    ArmyWifePagano Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Getting to slip on a smaller size is always exciting! Keep up the great work!
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Congratulations!!!!!
  • amethysts269
    amethysts269 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's absolutely fantastic news... keep up the good work and you'll be in a 12 before you know it! :flowerforyou:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Getting to slip on a smaller size is always exciting!

I agree with this!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I will be ecstatic whenever I get to a size 14! :) The smallest I've been in a while is an 18 (and that is unfortunately still a ways away this time). What a GREAT NSV! I am excited for you! :)
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I keep going in the plus size section. Went there today, but everything looked a little big, so I went to the misses section and tried on a size 14, I was shocked:noway: I thought, NO WAY. So I got another item in size 14 and tried it on. I almost cried. I know the feeling. It's so wonderful. Now I know it can be done. Cant wait to see what the next 2 or 3 months bring. I to was wearing a size 18/20

Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work. This site really does work.
  • giddy3gazelle
    Options
    So excited for you!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic work!! I just recently got into a size 16 myself!! That'd be a size 16 misses not womens!! So can totally relate what a great feeling going down in size is!!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I was in 18/20's and now my 16's are getting loose. I will be trying on the 14's soon! Congrats to you! I know it's an awesome feeling and accomplishment.. Keep up the great work!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Me too'!! Isn't it great? There are so many cute clothes once you get out of the plus size department!
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. We are all in our place in this journey but on the same journey. It's nice to share with others who appreciate where you are. :smile:
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me while Black Friday shopping with my roommate last year, lol. Tried on 14s just for giggles and they fit. That's a great feeling, isn't it? :) High five, keep up the good work!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you =D I know the sizes will just continue to go down for you =)
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • pippinboy9
    pippinboy9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! I'm doing a little happy dance for you!!!! :) Congrats and excellent job!!!
  • Meamo
    Meamo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!!