Are Men allowed to do "30 Day Shred"

Options

Replies

• africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    In my opinion yes... I make my brother do it with me everyday.
  • hiddensvelte
    hiddensvelte Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred with my ex. Try it dude.

Now that's funny.... hatchet.gif

[a little editing :laugh: ]
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Would that give me an excuse to get out the leg warmers I have had since 1986?

Well, yes, but only if you post pictures here.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I saw it for $5 at Wal Mart and it got me thinking: Are men allowed to 30 Day Shred without losing your mancard, or is it a ladies thing only?

THE FIRST RULE OF 30 DAY SHRED IS WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT 30 DAY SHRED!!!
  • rickhefner
    Options
    I watched it several times - what a cardio workout! I'm thinking of actually working out with it next time...
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Of course you are allowed, just like women are allowed to do Bob Harper's workouts. Now whether or not you actually CAN do Jillian's 30 Day Shred is another question. She will kick your *kitten*, but she does get results.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just wondering. I saw it for $5 at Wal Mart and it got me thinking: Are men allowed to 30 Day Shred without losing your mancard, or is it a ladies thing only?

THE FIRST RULE OF 30 DAY SHRED IS WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT 30 DAY SHRED!!!
    LMFAO
  • Terryism
    Terryism Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    No one will know if you do it. But some advice - 30DS is free on youtube.

Not the whole thing. If it is, show me, and I'll sell my DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve-WiQKi_W8&feature=youtube_gdata_player.
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My hubby joined me after seeing the results and now he's determined to have a sixpack in a couple of weeks. He'll do it, I know for sure. Also: try the 6 weeks 6 pack dvd from JM, it's hard but VERY efficient and you don't even need leg warmers LOL
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you do 30-day shred, you will grow tits and start to color coordinate.

Quality post made me laugh :laugh:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    No one will know if you do it. But some advice - 30DS is free on youtube.

Not the whole thing. If it is, show me, and I'll sell my DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMN4g3D4ODE

the befit channel is awesome too. they have lots of vids.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I just watched it. She addresses many ability levels. It is much lower impact than I am accustomed to and what I expected (I have injuries so some things are too much, but I'm a dancer and lift weights so some things are not enough). It looks like a great workout. And you could do it with heavier weights. From what I heard... I thought it was somehow more intense. But, this is an excellent way to learn form and break into things. And as others said...it's in the privacy of your home. In the past I did kickboxing at home (along with gym time and Body Combat in the gym classes) and it worked for me for quite a while.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 6
    Options
    It might be too hard for a lot of men . Nah it's a great work out and she has higher and lower levels give it a try
  • speedisoverrated
    Options
    I'm a man (of sorts) and did the shred a while ago, before starting to run/cycle. I'm now doing Ripped in 30 and it hurts (again).

Exercise is exercise - sure, she's quite annoying and talks about 'strappy dresses' which, subliminally, might be doing me some damage, but she kick-started my weight loss.

PS I'm not remotely 'manly', so this doesn't really prove a thing. Sorry.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options

I sometimes make my boyfriend do it with me.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Would that give me an excuse to get out the leg warmers I have had since 1986?
    You don't need an excuse!
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did a Beach Body aerobics video for some time and I also worried about my card. They even included a guy working out with the women to make us feel better but I knew what was up...
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    DO IT - I have done one day and I think I am going to cry - well worth my $9!
  • MarkAWhipple
    MarkAWhipple Posts: 77 Member
    Options

I sometimes make my boyfriend do it with me.

Um, let's keep it family friendly, El! Yeesh!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    :wink: