NSV - Finished first 10 mile race today

wombat94
wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
I ran my first 10 mile race today!

It was unbearably hot (84 degrees, 90+% humidity and strong sunshine) and I ended up walking a good bit of the last two miles, but I did it in 2:13

Five more weeks until my first Half Marathon... it should be cooler by then (I hope)

Ted

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I ran my first 10 mile race today!

It was unbearably hot (84 degrees, 90+% humidity and strong sunshine) and I ended up walking a good bit of the last two miles, but I did it in 2:13

Five more weeks until my first Half Marathon... it should be cooler by then (I hope)

Ted

Woot Woot! Go You!
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    That's a great achievement - especially in really hot weather! Fantastic prep for your half too - well done!
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Awesome job! I am running my first official 5k today and it looks like rain.... I have a ways to go to get to 10 miles as my longest run has been a bit over 7.5 miles. Enjoy the day, you have certainly earned it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!