Heart Rate Monitors - what one did you get?

Replies

• redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    I burned through 2 HRM at about £20 each, you get what you pay for. So now I have invested in a Polar FT4 at £50. So far so good!
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    polar ft40 :) The polars are all on sale at amazon right now! I got mine like $70 off!
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    If you're on a budget check out the Polar FT4 or FT7. Polar has a good reputation for accuracy & quality products.

Personally I'm using a Garmin Forerunner but that's more a case of needing (wanting?) the GPS function to keep my distances honest, monitor pace etc.

Is the forerunner worth the price?
  • ColletteNicole
    ColletteNicole Posts: 145 Member
    Polar FT4 -only $65 - and cute, it's pink (not purple like the pic) and also not huge! Great basic HRM that shows calories burned and heart rate. If you get it order it on amazon. I ordered through heartratemonitorsusa but they took OVER A WEEK TO SHIP!!! Slow shipping makes me angry, regretting not ordered with my amazon prime - 2 day shipping!!
  • bfairbanks1982
    bfairbanks1982 Posts: 44 Member
    Polar FT4 from amazon...great price, and great reviews...I love it!! :smile:
  • Lefty634
    Lefty634 Posts: 56
    I saw a thread on this a couple of months ago and it was slanted to the Polar FT4 so I got one and so far I love it. Easy and not priced to bad.
  • Polar FT4 is what I have and absolutely love it!! :)
    You can get them for a pretty decent price on Amazon.

I have this model too. I love it.
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Polar FT7. Love it! Simple to use. Around $65.00. Check Amazon.
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    If you're on a budget check out the Polar FT4 or FT7. Polar has a good reputation for accuracy & quality products.

Personally I'm using a Garmin Forerunner but that's more a case of needing (wanting?) the GPS function to keep my distances honest, monitor pace etc.

yes i have the polar FT4 and its amazing!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can't be the only one with a Garmin Forerunner 110? where are all the Garmin people!?

Based on your picture, I'm guessing you're a runner - thus the Garmin! :wink: MOST runners I know use Garmin - at least where I live.

I have a Garmin FR60!! It's basic, but it does just what I need it to.
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Polar FT7, love it! I replaced my Fitbit with it. $73 on Amazon.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Polar FT4 here. Works great, simple to use. Cost was $139.99. But that's because I bought it in Canada and were I live. It was delivered by dog sled pulled by a team of half wolf huskies driven by a mad french trapper during the worst blizzard in the past 100 years. (True story) :) Okay, maybe I embellished a bit on the last part. Love my Polar!!!:wink:
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    I just got the "POlar FT7" and love it!!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member

Is the forerunner worth the price?

If you're running and/or biking I think they're worth it. I'm using a 610 which probably has more bells & whistles than I actually need (I had a 305 that was great but it died on me after a few years of abuse). If you shop around you can usually find a deal on one of the models.
  • chicgeek3
    chicgeek3 Posts: 1 Member
    I just bought a Sportline S71. It's a cheap Wal Mart model that retails for about $30, but I found one at a liquidation store for $15. I wanna see how well it works before I invest in something more expensive.

Good luck everyone!

I bought a Sportline watch from walmart and returned it 3 days later. It wasn't accurate for me and only worked when it wanted to. I ended up with the Polar ft4 and i absolutely love it. I hope yours works out better maybe the one I had was a lemon!
  • Ambition00
    Ambition00 Posts: 37 Member
    Polar ft7 Under $70 currently. I've mine for a little over a year.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    My husband has the Polar FT7 and he loves it. Its his second one. Stores so much data and yet so easy to set up and use.

He is picking me up the FT4 tonight and i chose that one due to all the good reviews ( no bad reviews) . Plus its pink and smaller for people with tiny wrists .

Cant wait to try it out tommorow.
  • I had a Ft4 for 2 years. Battery died I went to replace the battery and the watch won't work. It seems to be fried. It was a great HRM when it worked but I expected It to last longer than it did. I think I will go with something else for my next one. Good luck!
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    I have the older Polar F4 HRM. I love it.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    I had a Ft4 for 2 years. Battery died I went to replace the battery and the watch won't work. It seems to be fried. It was a great HRM when it worked but I expected It to last longer than it did. I think I will go with something else for my next one. Good luck!

You have to send Polar's in to have the battery changed. Just to let you know. I have had mine for 7 years now and have had the battery and the chest strap checked by an authorized Polar dealer.