12.3 Mile ride!

Options
2 months ago I could barely ride 2 miles, yesterday I completed a 12.3 mile mountain bike ride! Thanks to the Runtastic app, it has everything I need to stay motivated.

Also, quick apology to the nice couple I scared the daylights out of when I brought my bike to a ceremonial skid-stop and shouted with joy at the trail-head...lol!
:laugh:

Replies

• jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome :)
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work and keep on scarying people with your shouts of elation!!!
  • drezha
    drezha Posts: 18
    Options
    Onwards and upwards :) 15 miles next time ;) Once you achieve something like that it's incredible. I managed a 111Km ride a few months ago and the sense of accomplishment is amazing so congratulations!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Great riding!
    One of the women that rides in the group brings her dog along in a basket (a small thing). I'm not sure yours would fit :).

Do you ride alone or have you found a social group to go with?
    That can be a great motivator to get going.

My oldest daughter couldn't do 12 mlies when she started. Last year she rode across the state of Iowa with me (and 14000 other people) in a week.
  • Kona2014
    Kona2014 Posts: 38
    Options
    2 months ago I could barely ride 2 miles, yesterday I completed a 12.3 mile mountain bike ride! Thanks to the Runtastic app, it has everything I need to stay motivated.

Also, quick apology to the nice couple I scared the daylights out of when I brought my bike to a ceremonial skid-stop and shouted with joy at the trail-head...lol!
    :laugh:

Way to go!! pmsl
  • sukaber
    sukaber Posts: 7
    Options
    That's so brilliant! I'll bet those people were pleased to see you so happy!! I am scared of mountain bike riding :), but I love cycling and take my 7 year old as much as I can.

My oldest daughter couldn't do 12 mlies when she started. Last year she rode across the state of Iowa with me (and 14000 other people) in a week.

I'd LOVE to do that!! What an amazing experience!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Well done :-)
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Nice achievement! Love the 'ceremonial skid stop' at the end! :wink:

Beautiful dog in your photo. :flowerforyou:
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    well done there's nothing lke mountain biking
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    congrats! great job.

on friday i took my hybrid bike to a local state park and found some easy trails. rode for 30 minutes before i ran out of time and had to get back home. it was awesome! so different than riding on the road. so much more exciting! i can't wait to go back!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    It was!
    I hope to go next year with my 9-to-be-10 year old daughter -- we'll be on a tandem yellin "Make a hole! Make it wide!":bigsmile:
  • sukaber
    sukaber Posts: 7
    Options
    It was!
    I hope to go next year with my 9-to-be-10 year old daughter -- we'll be on a tandem yellin "Make a hole! Make it wide!":bigsmile:

well I would if I had several hundreds to spend on flights ! :) I'm in Wales, U.K
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Awesome Ride! The more you pedal, the more you will be able to!

exercise.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!