Finally got of the couch and ran

Options
I woke up this morning got dressed and started the couch to 5k program. Thank you Lee for telling me about it. I jogged/walked for a little under a mile about 20 minutes of walking and 10 of jogging I feel really good and if I can keep up with my meal intake for today I will be good.

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Keep up with it! C25K is awesome! I just did Week 4, Day 1 and feel great! I would never have believed that I would be running four runs - two 3 min, and two 5 minute runs, and be able to do it!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! We've got a really supportive Couch to 5K thread going here...people of all stages, motivating and cheering each other on!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68594-couch-to-5k-anyone-we-start-on-monday
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Good for you! There are a lot of us on here that have either finished the c25k program or are currently involved with it. It's a great program and I know you'll do a fantastic job. :flowerforyou:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Good Job, I didn't want to, but I rolled out of the rack at 520a to knock out W6D1. I'm glad I did though.

Might want to get some running tights, hoodies and some gloves though...it was in the mid-30's this morning.
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    I did a mile and a half this morning just alternated between blocks i don't have a watch so I couldn't time but i figure you should be able to walk the distance of a block about 90 secs and run it 60 secs. My boss is going to give me a weight bench so I will start lifting next week as well.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I did a mile and a half this morning just alternated between blocks i don't have a watch so I couldn't time but i figure you should be able to walk the distance of a block about 90 secs and run it 60 secs. My boss is going to give me a weight bench so I will start lifting next week as well.

I also have a 'free' weight bench. Had to buy the weights though.
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    He is giving me the weights too