Did it take you longer for you?

Options
I hear people say I worked out and exercised and boom the weight fell off. Me on the other hand has been staying below 1400 calories... Exercising and the scale just won't move. I've been tested for thyroid, pcos,etc and there is nothing stopping me physically. I'm going to up my workouts .. Add another 30 minutes on to my strength training 2x a week and just try to stay motivated. Did it take longer for anyone else?

Replies

• popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lose very slowly. I also exercise a lot. I went to a dietician after every other test out there and she said I need to eat about 1600 calories on days I don't work out and 1800 on days I do. So, I'm giving that a shot for about a month.

She said 1200-1400 that I was eating was just not enough food.
  • myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It took a while in the beginning, like my body was holding on to the fat. But now it seems to be going faster. I think my body was so used to going up and down, but now it is resigned to the fact that I am losing weight. Hang in there!
  • Almiten
    Almiten Posts: 14
    Options
    It took a while in the beginning, like my body was holding on to the fat. But now it seems to be going faster. I think my body was so used to going up and down, but now it is resigned to the fact that I am losing weight. Hang in there!

This is what I'm thinking... Thanks
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds in 20 months. I do have PCOS and I am a 4'11". The main reason why I am taking that long is because I refuse to sacrifice any lean mass to see the scale go down. It is frustrating sometime but since it made it possible for me to up my metabolism while losing almost only fat, I can't complain. My maintenance is 2000 calories instead of 1500. My chances of graining the weight back is lower.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i have been actively trying to lose weight for one solid year, and on MFP since january.

i haven't lost a single pound. not one. i keep trying different combos of calories in vs calories out. i've tried switching up workouts, high cardio vs low cardio, lifting weights vs cardio. and so far nothing has been my magic combo to make the pounds fall off...........

i lose inches from the lifting, but otherwise nothing.

so, some of us just take a really long time!!! i need to lose 50 lbs. i figured, by now, i would be down at least half that!!!!!!! 12 months i figured 24 lbs would be conservative.........

i'm gonna just keep pressing forward......... changing up my combos, adding and subtracting things........