Mom jeans.... And how to avoid buying them.

Options

Replies

• Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I loved this! Grandma Jeans took it to a whole other level.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Its been ages since i wore jeans! i love them to bits and lived in jeans my entire college years....i just cant bring myself to try a pair on thats more than a size 10... i now wear (and love) only skirts. this was SO informative!! Next time i ever get a pair of jeans i will remember this advice forever! lol!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Mom jeans are a laugh-a-minute until that's all you can wear. :grumble:
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That was hilarious and well worth the read...thanks for the post!~
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That was all kinds of awesome.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try on every pair of jeans I own to check for pocket placement! There are some that I avoid wearing but am not sure why...I suspect this might be the reason!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Jeans are so hard for me. I have a small little waist and am pretty hippy. The 'just below waist' jeans fit be perfectly so they don't have that gross gap in the back or having to worry that my butt is flapping in the breeze.... but you know how hard that is to find without creating the big, flat mom butt??? Ahhhhhhhh I hate jeans shopping.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    LOL.

Those are totally mom pants. There is a reason why I spend the big money on jeans.... SO IMPORTANT for the overall look. The rest of the wardrobe can be thrown together easily without blowing a lot of cash. Jeans are so hard!! And no you don't have to spend a ton of money on jeans to look good... I just personally do. :tongue:
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    LMAO. Ladies please don't wear the mom jeans esp with the clogs or cheerleading white shoes. Just talking about this with a friend.
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm here trying to get a smaller boorish. Thanks
  • Mia627
    Mia627 Posts: 34
    Options
    haha!!! Those pictures are great!! I agree with another poster in that I spend $$ on my jeans. My favorite jeans are either Big Star, Miss Me's or Silvers. Even though I'm a mom to 3 little ones you won't ever catch me wearing jeans like in those pictures!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Jeans are so hard for me. I have a small little waist and am pretty hippy. The 'just below waist' jeans fit be perfectly so they don't have that gross gap in the back or having to worry that my butt is flapping in the breeze.... but you know how hard that is to find without creating the big, flat mom butt??? Ahhhhhhhh I hate jeans shopping.

I also have a small waist and I am hippy too, but I found the Not Your Daughter's Jean (NYDJ) fit pretty good, specially the straight leg design, they seat at the natural waist., and they don't create that flat mom's butt.

They are not cheap, but worth the expense.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    OMG...this is hilarious!!! Thank you so much for sharing.. I could so see doing something like this with myf riends..LOL Great laugh, and I needed it!!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!! This was great!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    That post rocks. Good advice!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That was perfect!
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Pajama Jeans. Everyone's seen those infomercials, right?
    Stay away from those.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

My problem is that I have slim thighs and a wider waist. So I either have to buy jeans that fit my waist and drown my thighs, or buy jeans that fit my thighs but are tight on top.

As a result, I can pretty much only wear skinny jeans now.
  • mauibound2
    mauibound2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Love This waaay cool demo LOL
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an interesting article. As a man, I had always wondered how long butt happened. It didn't seem possible that the butt somehow grew six or more inches in length after you had a kid or hit 35 or something.

This gives me hope for the future.