ABC new show OBESE lose weight over 1 yr

Options
Read this in my local paper today:

"If you think you've already seen the biggest losers, just wait. ABC is teaming with Biggest Loser executive producer J.D. Roth for a new show where extremely overweight individuals shed hundereds of pounds over a full year. Tentatively titled Obese, the network has taken the rare step of ordering an unscripted show direct to series a year before they'll see any footage. "We want to witness the most important year of a human being's life and that's the one where they get their life back," Roth said. "We can help somebody lose 50 per cent of their body fat and you'll get to see that entire 365- day journey in one hour." The series will likely hit the air in 2011.

Wow.:happy: That's a great concept for a show. Can't wait to see it.

Here is a different article about the show: :happy:

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/ABCs-Obese-Takes-Weight-Loss-to-a-New-Level/24232.html

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is getting her own show too - about transforming families - I think it'll air on NBC though.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    Yeah, Jillian's show sounds great too. Can't wait for that one when it starts. :happy:
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    Sounds like a good show..I'd watch it. Kinda reminds me a little of Ruby on TLC.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser , and can't wait to see the others:drinker:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good show..I'd watch it. Kinda reminds me a little of Ruby on TLC.

OMG I love Ruby! She is so sweet and loveable and the hard work that she has put in to her weightloss is such an inspiration. I wish her show was on right now. I looked forward to her show everytime it was on over the summer.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    They're probably still doing casting calls for this show.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    This'll be good TV from a biz point of view. Lotsa tears, and tears are ratings point. Cheap to shoot...

What does it cost to run a big guy through a year of beachbody/personal trainer - plus a little camera crew time to shoot it? $100K for the year? The cast of "Friends" was getting $1million a episode EACH for that last season or 2. :noway:

Good good,,, I'll watch. I like the idea of spending a year, showing that this ain't quick or easy and that you can do it yourself without getting screamed at by Jillian and getting on a scale in front of america.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'd like to watch this. It seems more reasonable than the Biggest Loser. I'm a fan of TBL, but I'm losing interest now that it seems more like a "Survivor"type reality show than a healthy weight loss show. I think showing someones progress over a years time is more realistic to the majority of us out here in "reality". Hopefully they will not be losing 20 pounds per week and working out like dogs.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I'd like to watch this. It seems more reasonable than the Biggest Loser. I'm a fan of TBL, but I'm losing interest now that it seems more like a "Survivor"type reality show than a healthy weight loss show. I think showing someones progress over a years time is more realistic to the majority of us out here in "reality". Hopefully they will not be losing 20 pounds per week and working out like dogs.

I agree completely. This seems like a good show to watch.
  • sara1995
    sara1995 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    cant wait to see them.