If you could compete in any Olympic sport...

Options

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Probably javelin or discus. I had a knack for them in school, and despite swimming for years, I'm just not built to be competitive in it - too short and stocky.
  • alzaman5925
    alzaman5925 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Rowing - it's such a thrill being out on the water!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Marathon, hands down. It is the truest test of endurance and ability.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Women's marathon! woohoooo! LOL because I am a runner, a distance runner, who loves the marathon :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I was an acrobat when I was younger... not like the olympians tho... but after watching recently I'd have to say TRAMPOLINE. talk about fun...
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Beach volleyball. love it!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Basketball but I would want it with amateurs not professional players like it was now. Although it would be interesting to win the gold from a sport like badminton and see what that does for you.

Proud dad: "We are so proud of our son, he won a gold medal at the 2012."
    Dad's friend: "Oh that's wonderful. I know you are so proud. What does he do? Track & Field, swimming, gymnastics???"
    Dad: "Badminton"
    Dad's friend: "Oh":huh:

I didn't realize until this Olympics that most Americans view badminton as somewhat of a joke.

Where I live is mostly Asian, and that shiz is serious business

because of the olympics I just went out and bought a badminton set. Since joining mfp last july and joining a gym this may, I'm reverting back to my childhood in a few ways.... and it's GOOD....and I'm convincing friends to be more physical with me.. more moving around.. wuhuuu....
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Summer Olympics - Rowing, I just think the training would be fun
    Winter Olympics - Women's Hockey - I am from MN and the first college I went to won the NCAA championship the first 3 years it was actually offered or curling just because it is f'ing curling and it rocks.
  • Warren_Carrol
    Warren_Carrol Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bedroom olympics...and I'd shoot for a silver medal.

my wife hates it when I come first.

:D
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Beach volleyball. love it!

^ this I love volleyball!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    track and field 5000m and 10000m.

congrats to galen rupp and mo farah
  • kjwillie
    kjwillie Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well, if I'm being anywhere near realistic it would be...Badminton! I'm not bad at that! But being a marathon runner would be pretty spectacular. A swimmer or a gymnast would also be on my dream list.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Equestrian! Why...because I've been riding for almost 10 years and would absolutely love to be able to compete at that level. Unfortunately, I'm neither dressage, nor show jumping, nor cross country trained ;) I'm a saddle seat rider with some barrel racer thrown in.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Ping Pong..............it's fun!

Ahem, TABLE TENNIS, your local Korean table tennis club would be appalled.

And no, thats not mean, I looked up table tennis clubs in the area and all their are are Korean ones.

Even though I am marathon training right now I would do kayaking! For the winter Olympics, clearly curling.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Gymnastics, specifically floor exercise; have never taken gymnastics but love it.
    Also, diving is amazing to me- really just gymnastics with water I guess.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'd go for soccer or volleyball. I think I'd go crazy if I focused on individual training, so team sports ftw
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Gymnastics. I enjoyed it as a kid, but I've never been able to jump.

My 3 1/2 year old wants to swim in the Olympics, my 2 year old want to do men's gymnastics, and I think my 7 month old would be a good gymnast as well. They could all debut at the summer games in 2028.
  • ohso0randomm
    Options
    Rowing- an excuse to get on the rowing machine at the gym LOL!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    Basketball, so I'd be relevant more than just once every four years. :P
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Basketball, so I'd be relevant more than just once every four years. :P

I'm pretty sure all Olympic events have annual world championships, as well as national championships. They just don't get coverage because people don't give a crap unless it's the Olympics.