Replies

• Juliann4k9
    Juliann4k9 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tom_ash
    tom_ash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently came across a recipe for Zucchini tots and decided to give them a try. So so glad I did. They are so good and only

27 calories
    2 carbs
    1 fat
    2 protein
    0 fibre
    0 sugar

Zucchini Tots
    yields: 12 mini muffins

1 cups zucchini, grated
    1 egg
    1/4 yellow onion, diced
    1/4 cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
    1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian style
    Salt and Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
    2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
    3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
    4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.

Enjoy!
  • MichelleF1975
    MichelleF1975 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if they freeze well?
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try tonight :)
  • sassyusername
    sassyusername Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have made these a few times since this recipe was posted a few weeks ago. I have made a couple of changes:

They get just as good using just an egg white instead of a whole egg.

I have found that making them on a cookie sheet instead of a mini muffin pan makes clean up easier. Just put a small amount on the sheet and form it into a little patty.

Delicious! My whole family likes these.

I have also made these and totally agree with the egg white suggestion. Never thought about trying them on a cookie sheet - brilliant! Thanks for the tip :)
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if they freeze well?

Haven't tried it but hear that after cooking they'll freeze well (they go pretty fast in my house :)). Good luck!
  • maybaby56
    Options
    bump
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Going to try these things, and thanks for noting the egg white version. I really hate egg yolks.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    bump
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have made these three times and currently have some zucchini defrosting in my fridge for #4. I might have to see if I can freeze them like packaged tater tots so I can save them for later too. So glad I found this recipe over the summer when my mom started handing me barrels of zucchini from her garden.
  • Couponqueenren
    Couponqueenren Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump :wink:
  • eknobbe
    eknobbe Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!! BUMP!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yummmm! Can't wait to try these babies!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    And would you look at that, I have 2 zucchini in my fridge just waiting to be turned into this.

Thanks!!!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES these. In fact it is something my kids will tolerate also. I don't have a mini-muffin pan, so I use my regular muffin pan and only fill them about 1/4 of the way. It makes them more 2 or 3 bites instead of 1.

We are going to harvest party in a couple of weeks and she has requested that I make these - I may try them on the cookie sheet since I have to make so many.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Is the calorie count for one tot?
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Wow! This sounds absolutely fabulous. I am stopping on my way home to buy the ingredients! Thank you for sharing.
  • Barbaraschneeberger
    Options
    thanks! I will certainly try these :)