BodyMedia Fit Armband

There was a discussion of the FitBit, someone said that they really like their BodyMedia Fit Armband. Does anyone else have this, and do they like it?

Replies

• iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 38 Member
    I used to have a Fitbit, but gave it to a friend because I got the BodyMedia Advantage Armband with my Jenny Craig membership. If you get an armband and have a smartphone, you should definitely get the LINK Armband because it will sync with your phone via Bluetooth. If I'd bought mine on my own (rather than as a plus to my JC membership) I would have gotten the LINK band. OK here goes:

Fitbit Pros
    * Smaller/less noticeable
    * Syncs with MFP :D
    * You can see your progress throughout the day
    * No technical problems for me
    * Syncs wirelessly with your computer when you're near

Fitbit Cons
    * Easy to forget on clothes - I almost washed mine several times
    * Less accurate - it said I burned 7000 calories in one day and all I'd done was pace around the classroom
    * Have to move it for sleep - might not seem like much but it is obnoxious

BodyMedia Pros
    * You won't forget to take it off when you shower or swim because it's so noticeable
    * It is MUCH more accurate based on what I know about myself
    * Don't have to move when you go to sleep
    * Better analysis of your data (Fitbit just tells you what you did; BM tells you how to improve)

BodyMedia Cons
    * Does not sync with MFP :(
    * I had several technical difficulties with it - but that could be because I got mine through JC (might not have been up to date)
    * Easily noticed by others unless you tend to wear long drapey sleeves or ponchos
    * You either have to wait to plug it into a computer or buy an expensive display to see your progress (unless you have LINK band and a smartphone)
    * Ongoing cost of the online membership (which isn't cheap, but 1 year was included with JC)

Weigh the pros and cons for yourself - I know that people prioritize some things over others. Because I do not have a family to support and am as frugal as possible in other spending, I could prioritize accuracy over the cost. Depends on your situation.
  • Leahh999
    Leahh999 Posts: 42 Member
    Iammegs gave a great review, but I just wanted to throw in there that I have the bodymedia band but can't wear it for long periods of time. My skin (which is sensitive) blisters from the Metal sensors (nickel I believe). Anyhow, I've worn it on both arms and legs and it stays very accurate, just wanted to give you a head's up.
  • Hi iammegs,

Thanks for the great review and for taking the time to evaluate our product like this. We’re glad you
    love your BodyMedia FIT!

-Nic