foods that target belly fat?

2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    ^ What he said.

Plus have fun regaining those 12 pounds when you go off this 800 calorie a day crash diet..

its a kickstart, its actually based off the michael thermon 6 week makeover, which led to my mom losing over 30 pounds and keeping it off for 2 years. in about 3 weeks ill add a little excersise (like walking to a nearby store instead of driving) and increasing my calories to about 1000, 3 weeks after that, doing the same thing and increasing to 1500, then finally a comfortable 2000. its basically resetting my metabolism.

Good lord are you gullible..

You are going to gain everything back and then some because you are losing lean muscle along with the fat since you aren't exercising right now.. and lean muscle determines how your metabolism runs.

I repeat, stop this crazy "kickstart" as you call it, eat sensibly and exercise(cardio/strength) you'll be much better off.

Also that article is full of crap.. 6 meals a day does nothing for your metabolism except allow you to snack between meals.
  • ^ What he said.

Plus have fun regaining those 12 pounds when you go off this 800 calorie a day crash diet..

Agrees....not healthy
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    There are all sorts of exercises you can do, that don't take that long to do, that can target problem areas and give you some definition. Try adding a simple 15 extra min.s a day (or 4 x a week) into exercises targeted on your problem areas..continue eating lean meats, fruits and lots of veg, stay away from processed sugars and foods. However, I agree with the consensus, you need to increase your intake to the correct amount of calories... for your health. In the end, you will find you will loose more weight that way too.:wink:
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    please tell me where i could fit a workout into my busy schedule? i barely have enough time to sleep as it is. i dont even go out with friends im soo busy with working and school! the only thing i do have control over, is my eating. and thanks for the link, i did a quick scan already, but will read more in depth when i have the time.
    www.bodyrock.tv -- 12 minute HIIT workouts, no excuse

If you're going to say "but I don't have any equipment" then just use http://litealloy.com/ to search for the "no equipment" tag and narrow the time down to 10-15 minute options.

If you have an iPhone you can download the Nike Training Club app (100% free), which includes a FANTASTIC 15 minute cardio routine and other 15 minute routines for specific body parts (including 2 ab routines). Another good app is Workout Trainer by Skimble (also free) which again lets you choose the time you have available.

None of this is meant to sound mean or rude, but whether you want to hear/admit it or not you're sabotaging yourself by eating 800 calories a day and it bums me out to see women starve themselves. You're trading lean muscle for a temporary dip in numbers on the scale.

At the end of the day its your body and your health, but I hope you do the healthy thing and try to find 15 minutes a day to work out and eat at least 1200 clean calories a day.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    everytime someone eats under 1200 calories , somewhere a kitten gets it
    catshoot.jpg

When I was very healthy and fit, I didn't need 1200 cals/day. Eating that much actually made me ill most of the time.

eat what your body needs, not a program insists you need that makes you sick. I ate about 900 cals on weds, I felt fine when I went to sleep and just fine when I woke up and not hungry.