Options

Replies

• leanneb205
    Options
    1. St. Ives apricot scrub
    2. Maybeline new york 24 hour stay foundation
    3. "" "" 24 hour stay lipgloss
    4. Carmex lip balm
    5. Anti wrinkle cream ( Not really for wrinkles just a deeper moisturiser lol although fighting off wrinkles is a bonus)
    6. clean and clear deep cleanse lotion for blackheads.

:D
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    dr. bronner's tea tree soap
    st. ives invigorating apricot scrub
    aveeno positively radiant brightening cleanser
    aveeno ultra calming daily moisturizer
    sleep
    water
  • Amryfal
    Amryfal Posts: 225
    Options
    i don't wear a lot of makeup. just powder, generally.

skin...i have to have lip balm of some type (i prefer burt's bees) and i have a cupboard full of victoria's secret amber romance everything. body butter, lotion, mist, body wash, perfume. when i was younger i always wore natural ambergris oil but when i stopped being able to find it, i didn't have a signature scent for years until i found the amber romance at vicky's.

also can't live without a natural sea sponge for the shower.
  • Bellren
    Bellren Posts: 14
    Options
    1) Lancome hypnose mascara
    2) Guerlain meteorites perles
    3) Liz Earle cleanse & polish
    4) MAC Fluidline
    5) Body Shop Hemp hand cream
    6) Rose & Co Lip salve
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    * Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
    * Dermalogica Post Extraction Solution
    * Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster
    * Avon SuperShock Mascara
    * Arbonne Lip Polish
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I have a question, at the moment I wear maybelline bb cream because I can't wear most foundations as they tend to dry out my skin, but I don't like the shiny effect it seems to have on my face. My face is naturally lighter than my neck and arms, so finding a foundation in my colour has always be difficult, but how would you rate powder foundations and does anyone have a particular brand they recommend and why? I would like good coverage and one that could last a good few hours.

loreal mineral foundation works great for me :) i use it when it's hot

it looks natural and doesn't cover my freckles even though i wish it would haha
    it's about £12-£15 and lasts about a couple of months
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For anyone that has ever had problems with their skin this is a LIFESAVER!!! My friend gave me a bottle a few months ago and it saved my skin:

1) Carley's Clear and Smooth facewash, makeup, daytime lotion, nighttime lotion...etc etc etc
    I think I'll try it out. I've tried about everything and nothing ever works so I'll see how this turns out. Thanks a lot.
  • haylz247
    Options
    I'll have to try some of these! i love trying out new products :)

bare minerals seems to be very popular! i will defo try something by them

i like the natural look at the moment with a bright lip. love using bright eyeshadows as eyeliners too
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
    Burts Bees Lip Balm
    Organic Argon Oil

Thats it. I don't wear makeup more than once or twice a year & thats for the Goth Fest so my makeup is all Illamasque.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I have a question, at the moment I wear maybelline bb cream because I can't wear most foundations as they tend to dry out my skin, but I don't like the shiny effect it seems to have on my face. My face is naturally lighter than my neck and arms, so finding a foundation in my colour has always be difficult, but how would you rate powder foundations and does anyone have a particular brand they recommend and why? I would like good coverage and one that could last a good few hours.

try bare essentials, i can't wear most foundations because they cover my freckles and make my skin shiny - but this stuff doesn't do any of that AND has improved the health of my skin! :)

Is this it? http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_123443225499_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Beauty
  • haylz247
    Options
    For anyone that has ever had problems with their skin this is a LIFESAVER!!! My friend gave me a bottle a few months ago and it saved my skin:

1) Carley's Clear and Smooth facewash, makeup, daytime lotion, nighttime lotion...etc etc etc
    I think I'll try it out. I've tried about everything and nothing ever works so I'll see how this turns out. Thanks a lot.

not available in the UK :(

i bought origins spot gel the other day but don't know if it works as using it with a gel i got from the doctors.
    hate stubborn spots!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    1. Urban Decay Naked Palette (Still trying to convince myself that I do NOT need the Naked 2!)
    2. Benefit YouRebel Light
    3. MAC Plush Lash Mascara*
    4. Essie Top Coat Good to Go
    5. The Body Shop Body Butter (Currently, I'm in love with blueberry)
    6. Lush Sugar Lip Scrub

*I love this mascara and MAC in general but now that MAC's started to test on animals again I'm in desperate need of an alternative. I tried a couple others but am not really happy with them, yet. Suggestions are welcome!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    i don't wear a lot of makeup. just powder, generally.

skin...i have to have lip balm of some type (i prefer burt's bees) and i have a cupboard full of victoria's secret amber romance everything. body butter, lotion, mist, body wash, perfume. when i was younger i always wore natural ambergris oil but when i stopped being able to find it, i didn't have a signature scent for years until i found the amber romance at vicky's.

also can't live without a natural sea sponge for the shower.

Um, yeah. That's because ambergris comes from the digestive tract of whales. And in most countries, it's illegal to kill whales.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    1. Urban Decay Naked Palette (Still trying to convince myself that I do NOT need the Naked 2!)
    6. Lush Sugar Lip Scrub

*I love this mascara and MAC in general but now that MAC's started to test on animals again I'm in desperate need of an alternative. I tried a couple others but am not really happy with them, yet. Suggestions are welcome!

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

That's the main reason I loved MAC. I am seriously broken hearted now. Their lip condition is the best lip balm I have ever found. Welp. I guess the search begins anew.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Revlon Colorstay foundation
    Clinique concealer
    Revlon eyeliner
    Covergirl lashblast mascara
    Bare minerals veil
    Clinique liquid illuminator
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't wear it often, but all bare minerals for me.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    6. Lush Sugar Lip Scrub

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

That's the main reason I loved MAC. I am seriously broken hearted now. Their lip condition is the best lip balm I have ever found. Welp. I guess the search begins anew.

I know! Apparently, all brands of the Estee Lauder group went back to testing on animals. Rumor has it it's because the Chinese market requires it. :( I used to be such a sucker for anything MAC and the worst thing is I heard about it a day before I wanted to go and finally get the Russian Red lipstick.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I make sure none of my products on tested on animals - that's very important for me. My favorites are:

1. YES to Cucumber face towelettes
    2. Burt's Beeswax mango lip balm
    3. MAC mascara
    4. Giovanni organic Smooth as Silk shampoo and conditioner
    5. Bare Minerals fairly light powder with spf 15
    6. Burt's Beeswax lip shine

WOW, I didn't know MAC started testing on animals. So sad. This will be my last MAC product until they stop. SMH
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    1) Aveeno Positively Radiant daily Moisturizer (with spf) >>>> BEST PRODUCT EVER. Most days I never wear make up and only this

2) Bert's Bees Natural Acne Spot Treatment- Knocks every break out on its *kitten* without over drying

3) Basics Cleaner Clean Face Wash

4)Yes To Blueberries Brightening Face Towelettes- Great for removing makeup!

5)Nertrogena- Oil Free, Acne Stress Control Facial cleanser/scrub.

6) I barely use make up, with the help of all the above products, but when i do its... Bare Essentials Mineral Make up. A little goes a long way.
  • haylz247
    Options
    it makes me so sad when products are tested on animals. thing is, it doesn't always say on packaging.
    it should be the law

you can get a free copy or download of products that are approved by BUAV

http://www.gocrueltyfree.org/consumer/get-involved/lbcf-request