Pasta

Options
Does anyone know what the cup measurement is for 2 oz of dry spaghetti noodles once they are cooked? I can't seem to find that information.

Replies

• deevatude
    deevatude Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup dry
  • SueMizZou
    SueMizZou Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    it is much easier to weigh it than use a measuring cup. Amazon has some good, inexpensive scales.
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    it is much easier to weigh it than use a measuring cup. Amazon has some good, inexpensive scales.

i have a scale as well.. so once 2 ounces of dry spaghetti noodles are cooked, how much would it weigh? I am cooking family style so it is impossible just to cook one serving
  • giadatje
    giadatje Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.
    Why do you need to weigh your pasta after it's cooked?
    If you cook for 4 people, you will cook 4 times one serving, no?
    What am I missing here?
  • BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    2 ounces of dry pasta equals 1 cup cooked pasta according to Barilla's website. :0)
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What am I missing here?

So you cook 4 servings, that's 8 oz of pasta. You cook it in one big pot. I believe she is looking for the answer of what the cooked weight per serving would be in order to properly divide the 4 servings after cooking.

I have never weighed my pasta after cooking, but I believe it would differ based on the type of pasta. I will surely need to test this out. I normally only cook for 2 people so we just eyeball the division of pasta. I can see this being much harder for larger families. Hope you get a good answer.
  • AmandaInGA
    Options
    2 ounces of dry pasta equals 1 cup cooked pasta according to Barilla's website. :0)

thank you soo much.. this is what i needed to know :)
  • AmandaInGA
    Options
    What am I missing here?

i needed to know how much my portion would be after all of the noodles were cooked together.