Strength Training?

Options
I've noticed a lot of after posters mention that strength training helped them tone, and I was wondering is there any way to do this inexpensively? I mean a lot of people have had positive results from the 30 Day Shred so would that be enough for the toning aspect? Even if I did it longer than 30 days that would be alright for me, I just want to make sure I tone up somehow.

Replies

• Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    check out bodyrock.tv - totally free
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am reading the new rules of lifting for women and doing 30d shred. The shred dvd I do with 5,8, and 12 pound weights, I can see results. I also ordered TapOut with a resistance band, will see.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    1) There are gyms all over the country now that cost in the range of $10-15/month. That's pretty cheap IMHO. Many who seriously strength train may outgrow these big chain gyms, but they're great for beginners.

2) You can get good strength workout (at least for a while) with just bodyweight exercises- check out the book "You are your own gym" or google "bodyweight strength training routines". Some examples would be squats, chin ups, push ups, lunges, dips. Probably the most you'd have to shell out would be for a chin up bar, a resistance band for assisted chin ups/pull ups, and the book.