Ovarian cysts?!

breakaway27
breakaway27 Posts: 12 Member
I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts last summer. Not PCOS, just re-occuring cysts on my ovaries that are benign. I really, truly do not want to take birth control because it's just not something I believe in (all of those hormones/chemicals/medicines/etc.). I also try my hardest not to take any medication unless it is absolutely necessary, but by the time my period gets here my pain intolerance has been pushed to its limit and I end of reaching from Midol/Tylenol/Ibeuprofen(whatever there is in the medicine cabinet to help).

I'm at a loss of what to do about the pain these cysts cause me right before and during my period. Last year I missed many days of school because of the pain, and now that I am starting college(and can only miss 4days a semester), I'm starting to get nervous about what I am going to do. I take hot baths, use a heating pad, tried ice packs, I don't eat/drink caffeine, and I don't eat white bread/rice/flour or processed foods(aside from soy yogurt, and Nature's Path Organics cereal).

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting rid of their ovarian cysts, and if so what they used/did. Any advice would be absolutely amazing. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I know you don't want to hear this. But I've got the same issue it's hardly noticeable on the Depo Provera shot.
    In fact, my doctors actually hesitant to take me off of the shot even though you are only supposed to take it for two years.
  • kjbbdoll
    kjbbdoll Posts: 86
    I had them too and the dr put me on the pill as well. Honestly, the pill didn't really help much. I ended up having an ablation (you can't do this until you are finished having children so probably not helpful to you) and it has helped me a lot. I just wanted you to know that the pill did NOT help in my situation. Also, every single time I got pregnant I had HUGE cysts so I do believe that they are hormone related so maybe the pill would work for you. Since they seem to be hormone related I doubt your diet would help much. Just keep with the Midol, they worked the best for me...and heating pads. Good luck!