Pole dancing anyone???

Options
Hi there, i have done a few pole dancing classes and am wondering about taking it up regularly for exercise, does anyone do it? Its meant to be really good exercise right??

Replies

• lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I used to do pole dancing classes, it is GREAT for your core body workout and strength. I say do it. I don't do it any longer simply because my friends have started and they have given it a bad name really. They are doing it for the wrong reasons.
  • tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any pole fitness classes but I realllyy want to. It's going to be my gift to myself once I lose about 50 pounds. I was always wondering is it really hard and does it really make you feel "sexy" because I heard it was great for confidence and I haven't been able to feel sexy since I had my baby.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    bump!
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    really don't' have the upper body strenght (yet) for sexy confidence I would probably start with burlesque
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it but I would think that it is a wonderful calories burner with benefits.:wink:
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I say go for it Ladies ;)
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I say go for it Ladies ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mamawjoyce
    mamawjoyce Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :noway: At my age I would be in trackion for months!:bigsmile:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i myself am alittle pisssed when will people accept a 325 pound guy showing off his skills on a sign pole while waiting for traffic to clear , i mean my thong top only shows when i slide down upside down i dont see the big deal
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    My other half's sister is a personal trainer, and she runs Pole Dancing classes at the gym where she works. She thinks it's a great way for women not just to exercise, but to also feel sexy :)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    go for it. just give it a go. it is so much fun. i love it! and it is great for core and upper boy strength.
    i have seen all sorts ( stick thin- generously curvy, ripped - jiggly, boys-girls!) of people pole-dancing so just find a local school that offers free tasters and see what you think.
    you will be amazed how quickly you build up strength and get addicted to it - there is always an new trick to master and new spin to learn so it is always fresh and challenging.

also in every class i have been to i am normally having so much fun i forget how hard i am working until the muscles hurt

Warning - you do need short shorts ( to grip the pole with your thighs) and you will pick up some bruises (AKA badges of honour!)

so please everyone give it a go - the world needs more strong confident women !
    really don't' have the upper body strenght (yet) for sexy confidence I would probably start with burlesque

if you want upper body strength go for pole - you will build it up really quickly and all beginners are in the same boat i couldn't do a press up when i started and now i can hand off my hands on the pole.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    *waits patiently while he gets his one's ready*
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My sis does pole dancing, has done for the last 3 years or so. She's says it's great for core strength and flexibility not to mention the great upper body workout. It's definitely not for me tho, I'll stick to martial arts!
  • lacewitch
    Options
    I haven't done any pole fitness classes but I realllyy want to. It's going to be my gift to myself once I lose about 50 pounds. I was always wondering is it really hard and does it really make you feel "sexy" because I heard it was great for confidence and I haven't been able to feel sexy since I had my baby.

good for you. yes it is hard work especially the first full class as you will use muscles you didn't know you had but you will quickly build up the strength and skill. you will do things that are fun and freeing . it is amazing to spin round that pose and do climbs and tricks! I have so much more confidence now and am actually liking my body. in part due to pole because i know what my body can do and some of it is freaking amazing ( i ave a few pics on my profile if you want to friend me!)
    try this blog for articles written by amateur and expert pole dancers

http://www.thepoledancingshop.com/pole-dancing-a-form-of-healing/#.UB-r1PZlTng
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Lacewitch! Im so glad you commented on this thread! I was thinking about you when I read this, not only cause you have an amazing profile pic rockin out on the pole :) LOL . Way to keep us all motivated and reachin new heights

Mark
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    I did a "taster class" once for Pole-Fit and boy the bruises i got for doing half a dozen "tricks and twirls" was brutal! I'm defo going to look it up once i'm not afraid to break the shorts out for it! lol! so yeah - Go for it!!!
  • allstarmom97
    Options
    Some years ago I tried pole dancing it wasn't for me. I felt like I was playing on the monkey bars on the playground. However, most places also have the floor and chair exercise, which I liked a lot better. It was a little bit easier, but still gave you that seductive workout!!! I say give it a try; what doesn't work for some works for others.
  • lacewitch
    Options
    Lacewitch! Im so glad you commented on this thread! I was thinking about you when I read this, not only cause you have an amazing profile pic rockin out on the pole :) LOL . Way to keep us all motivated and reachin new heights

Mark

:embarassed:
    thanks
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have a friend in Australia that does it regularly and she looks amazing. I don't have the upper body strength to try it yet, but definitely on my to do list.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Its a great workout and lots of fun. And you get to take all those new moves home with you :-)