Would like goal oriented friends & gymrats!

Options
Journey to go from fat to FIT!

So I joined MFP back in Jan to work on becoming a runner but soon failed due to a bad knee. About 3 months ago I got a bike, discovered Cassey the blogilates guru, and clean eating. Never realized how important and true that diet is 80% of getting in shape is and that it really IS a lifestyle change. Didn't start getting passionate until about 2 months ago.

Went from 168lbs originally 3 months back, working 12hrs a day on a computer never exercising, and eating just ok. Now I'm down to 150lbs, go to the gym at least 6 days a week, eat 5-8 times a day, 80-90% clean eating (exception being the days my boyfriend and I visit his family for dinner 1/week lol), I LOVE my trek bike which I use to go to work & errands going about 20miles/week and my knee can handle it. I also do HIIT cardio on the stationary bike.

I have a new goal now to get down my body fat to 20% then work on getting it lower and get sculpted. I don't want to enter any competitions but I want to achieve something I can be proud of and I absolutely love how i feel after exercising and love sore muscles and pushing my limits. I would like some gymrat buddies and people that are also into lowering body fat and sculpting. Would love people that i can talk geeky with about nutrition, different workouts, new goals and focus points, and can help keep me motivated and people i can motivate.

Its tough, I don't have a real support system at home in the real world. I have friends and family that are happy when I'm happy about results, but other than that I only know one person at work but they work an opposite shift so we can only give each other 20min updates once a week if that. And I have a feeling that when classes start back up on Aug 20th I'll need the support.

Sorry if I'm just a lot of blah blah blah lol. Not use to writing about myself like this :blushing: Have an awesome day!

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Hey, we're practically the same person :) I started at 174, got down to 142, got athletic amenorrhea and had to take it easy and gained back to 150. Now I'm aiming for 20% body fat and trying to take it slower than last time. Well, it's not really the same, but similar goals. Dedicated gym rat also :)