200+ group!!!!! (week 1)

Options
1235»

Replies

• pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Blombie - I can so feel for you with your husband. Mine is 6'1" and started at 236 and I am only 5'5 1/2" and started at 237. The harder I try each week, he keeps staying ahead of me. Last week he was 224 and I was 225 :grumble: :explode: He nicely teases me each week. One of these days, I will catch him. At least he is being very supportive in all areas :love:
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    Haha my sister and i are the same way, or use to be before she had a baby! lol It was really fun I think that's one of the things that kept me going...of course i was opposite of ya guys im all little taller than her :laugh:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to go to weight watchers meetings and the weight would just seem to melt off the men. Argh!

Also, congrats on being so close to being out of the 250s! That's fabulous! I'll be somewhat like that with the 220s, because I've fluctuated the past few years within them, but haven't dropped below for a few years, so that will be a cause for celebration.

Glad to know the weekends aren't only difficult for me. Let's just get back on track! Yesterday was a washout, as I knew it would be. Had a veggie burger at lunch, and a veggie sandwich at lunch. Carbs like whoa. Plus there were french fries involved. Not many... but still too much. My only victory was staying away from the yummy bread on the table. Also, had over 8 glasses of water for the day! Didn't get any beer at pub trivia which was a bummer, but as my team did well, it was okay!

Today I'm back on track. Did day 7 of 30 day shred this morning. Really didn't want to get up. Not because I didn't want to exercise. Just the thought of getting up any earlier than I absolutely had to was the problem. But it's done and I don't have to think about exercise again for the day. How was your Mondays?
  • HeaterM
    Options
    My Monday was ok I did fine till i got home around 3:30 when i decided to eat some cottage cheese and chips:embarassed: I eat that stuff like chips and dip lol
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    We just really can't compare ourselves to men! Last week I started walking every morning, and yesterday I joined this site. So yesterday my husband just decided he'd start walking too, and cutting back a bit. I just said "whatever, I love you no matter what, and if you're working to become more healthy, that's great!" If he sticks with it, he'll shape up quickly. Fortunately he's totally supportive of me too, never talks about my weight except occasionally frets about my health.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I know today isn't the weigh in date, but I weighed in at 250.0 this morning! I will be out of the 250s by (no later than) the end of the week!! YAY!!!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    When are updates, and new goals going to be posted each week?

Hey, well i'm still not sure when to put up the tabs on weight, I was thinking after thanksgiving which we have our marked goals!:smile: And in which way are you talking about goals, are you talking bout weight or adding more things other than drinking all our water?? :tongue:

Ok, sounds good. I had just thought that maybe each week there would be a new start to the thread each friday.(like....200+ week 2) where we could all post our new weekly weigh ins. Are we just going to keep adding to this original post each week on our weigh in day (friday?). I'm new to this, so maybe I just don't understand completely.
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I know today isn't the weigh in date, but I weighed in at 250.0 this morning! I will be out of the 250s by (no later than) the end of the week!! YAY!!!

Eeee! That's amazing! Congrats!
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Go Blombie Go :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    When are updates, and new goals going to be posted each week?

Hey, well i'm still not sure when to put up the tabs on weight, I was thinking after thanksgiving which we have our marked goals!:smile: And in which way are you talking about goals, are you talking bout weight or adding more things other than drinking all our water?? :tongue:

Ok, sounds good. I had just thought that maybe each week there would be a new start to the thread each friday.(like....200+ week 2) where we could all post our new weekly weigh ins. Are we just going to keep adding to this original post each week on our weigh in day (friday?). I'm new to this, so maybe I just don't understand completely.

good idea! but do you think anyone would get confused. ok everyone do you think i should start a week two thread? let me know and i will asap!!:drinker:
  • HeaterM
    Options

Way to go!!! keep up the good work!!:happy:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I went to the docs and their scale said i weigh 220.8 :smile: The lowest I've been is 219 and then i shot up 7 pounds:grumble:
  • akasullengal
    Options
    I could go either way with the thread. As this says week 1, it could be confusing for newbies seeing it, but it would be nice to keep track of our progress in one thread. See how amazing we've all done from the beginning on.

I'm ambivalent though on it.

HeaterM, you remind me... I'm going to the doc in a couple weeks. The scale scares me! Plus the fact that I haven't gone in years (yeah for good health insurance again!).
  • HeaterM
    Options
    I could go either way with the thread. As this says week 1, it could be confusing for newbies seeing it, but it would be nice to keep track of our progress in one thread. See how amazing we've all done from the beginning on.

I'm ambivalent though on it.

HeaterM, you remind me... I'm going to the doc in a couple weeks. The scale scares me! Plus the fact that I haven't gone in years (yeah for good health insurance again!).

ok I'll wait and get a couple more responses to the thread and then decide:smile: Dont be afraid of the scale because you can beat it!!! :bigsmile:
  • HeaterM
    Options
    oh and today I took a 48 min walk! I walk myself to the doctors and everything :D
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    I can go either way with keeping the same thread or starting a new one. If you change it, is there a way to let people know so that we don't loose anyone?
  • Giggles27
    Options
    Can I join this group as well..I am already part of another group but being in 2 cant hurt...RIGHT???...I joined 2 wks ago and lost a lb each wk and then this wk gained those 2 lbs back. So i am starting all over at 218...would like to be 200 by my birthday (2-18-10). So im going slow...and keeping it off.
  • HeaterM
    Options
    Can I join this group as well..I am already part of another group but being in 2 cant hurt...RIGHT???...I joined 2 wks ago and lost a lb each wk and then this wk gained those 2 lbs back. So i am starting all over at 218...would like to be 200 by my birthday (2-18-10). So im going slow...and keeping it off.

welcome giggles27! New thread is going to be started by tomorrow morining so look for it, I sent you an friend request!
  • HeaterM
    Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEW THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

200+group(week 2)

I added the ppl in this thread to my friends list and sent emails and invites! hope to see you all in the new thread!!:bigsmile: