Looking for friends!

Options
Hi there!

I've been on the site for a while, but I'm looking for a few more friends. I'm almost 38 years old ( birthday is on Wednesday ),a wife, mom to 3 boys. I work shifts which can be a challenge some times.

I'm an planning on losing around 80lbs, and would like to turn 40 being fit, not fat! I try to be upbeat and encouraging. It doesn't matter where you're from, or your age, if you want to be friends feel free to add me! :happy:

Replies

• jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    LOVE your attitude! We're all in this together and together WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Bittersweet82
    Options
    always looking for friends to encourage and be inspired by, feel free to add me as well

We can all use more friends :o)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Hi
    I´m 37, two daughters, single. Summer stay at home mom but winters I attend school. I have to lose 80+ lbs, already lost 21 lbs.
    You are welcome to add me if you want
  • Terilyn2
    Options
    Sounds good. I will be 50 next month and my goal is to be more fit and less fat at 50. I am working to be less than 200 when I turn 50. I too work shift work, sort of. I am a director of nursing so sometimes I go in early to meet with night shift, sometimes I stay late to meet with evening shift. So there are days I just dont get my work out in. I am shooting for at least 1 hour of cardio a day with strenth training at least 3 days per week. Not always easy with my job. If you have any suggestions let me know. Good luck too you!! Terry
  • aedlife
    aedlife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am 38 and a mother of 2. I have been a member since January and on a slow journey. I think reaching out to people on this site will be a great support and I am willing to support and motivate you, too. I have just had a big success loosing 7 pounds in 7 weeks! It felt so good to step on the scale this ,owning for the first time since the end of June! I would also like to be fit by 40. I have 30 pounds to go! I have just started running with different friends here that are willing to help support me. Just started insanity, too! WOW! This is a great journey we can all do together.
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Shift work is tough, I work days and nights, and trying to fit a workout in after a 14 hour night shift is almost impossible! But I'm trying to find ways to make it work!

Thanks everyone, every bit of support is welcome, changing your lifestyle for the better is challenging, but worth it in the end!
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am a mom of 3 also. (2 girls, 1 boy). I just turned 39 in June and am trying to get fit before 40 also. You can add me if you like:) Good Luck!!
  • jennalor
    jennalor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    aedlife, I can imagine how great that must feel to see your hard work and effort show on the scale! Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing some dwindling numbers on the scale myself.
  • rebbiebear
    Options
    HI, I just started today and friends with upbeat attitudes are very welcome to me. I am a 46 year old mom of a tween boy with Asperger's Syndrome, a husband of 3 years and two special-needs tween step kids. Although I work 3 days a week, I also live on a farm and there is always something to do on a farm. As a 23 year RN I understand shift work. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • rebbiebear
    Options
    Aedlife, 7 straight weeks of success! That's a lot of planning and work. Good for you.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like.
  • Tanya5791
    Options
    Hello, I'm a Mom of two and new member to this site please feel free to add me. I find that it does help networking with people that have the same common goal. Best wishes to you, I hope we are both healthy and fit at the age of 40.
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello Friend..add me. I am 44 with a 4 year old..on a wight loss journey too!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friends request. ~Elaine
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I'm a 40 year old mom of five daughters, and run a business from home...very active on this site and keep everyone motivated....Anyone feel free to add me, I would love to support you through this....We can do this!!!
  • aedlife
    Options
    Thank you jennalor! I have hypothyroidism and really struggle to loose the pounds. I have been counting the calories and exercising all summer. I stopped watching the scale and am now focusing on the inches. We are going on vacation, so I weighed myself to do a check in when we return. I finally feel like I am heading in the right direction! Thanks for the encouragement. Be back in a week! Amy
  • aedlife
    Options
    Aedlife, 7 straight weeks of success! That's a lot of planning and work. Good for you.
    Thank you! Feel free to add me as a friend! It feels good to finally see the pounds going down. This site tracking my food and exercise truly is the reason I am having such great success, finally.
  • GinaBeana1121
    GinaBeana1121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Added you! I too, am super busy and have trouble finding time to eat well and exercise! I'm wanting a bigger support network so anyone, please feel free to add me.