Spinning, first time tonight

Options
I normally run, onlly 5 - 10 K a day, but running is different than spinning (what I'm picturing anyways) I don't ride bycicles, and I don't know what to expect from my muscles! lol

I hear it's the #1 cardio fat blaster though!

Replies

• Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic, enjoy!

If you have cycling shorts I would recommend wearing them. Depending on your spinning instructor, you may/may not spend much time on the seat.
    I always bring a water bottle and a towel :)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    You will LOVE it... and you will be dripping sweat!!! Enjoy, keep us posted :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • lacy100
    lacy100 Posts: 19
    Options
    Make sure the instructor helps you set the bike up properly for your height, and don't get discouraged if your butt is sore at first, if you continue going, you will develop some glute muscles that will help with the discomfort. : )
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ... I was wondering about targeted muscles, as I say I don't ride bikes, so glutes and .... ?? I'm trying mostlly to lose my belly ! I work out tons, and am toned everywhere but there, so I thought I'd try spinning cuz it makes you sweat!
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! Such a good cardio workout. Most of the instructors at my gym don't let you sit down for very much. But that's the beauty of it. Have fun!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I think spinning is more cardio workout than a fat burning work out. You tend to be in the cardio zone not the fat burining zone. But i'm not an expert but have opinions lol
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Spinning is a total leg workout (obviously..) I always walk out of a class with my legs SHAKING! at one gym that I used to take it at, it was on the second floor, and it was always a challenge walking down the stairs after the class. It has really helped tone up my thighs, which I :heart:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    spinning is an OUTSTANDING cardio exercise, depending on the class (level) it can be HIIT training too, which is great! Go for it, it'll be tough at first if it's a mid level class, but it'll be worth it. Anything that hits alternate muscles is good for you!
  • Serenifly
    Options
    well I did it and I did it well if I may say so myself!!!! I didn't feel like I was gonna die lol and I sweated tons! I will try again for wednesday night class, only thing is, they only have 6 bikes! and 20 people that want to take the class :grumble: so I won't be able to get a bike everytime I'm sure
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    well I did it and I did it well if I may say so myself!!!! I didn't feel like I was gonna die lol and I sweated tons! I will try again for wednesday night class, only thing is, they only have 6 bikes! and 20 people that want to take the class :grumble: so I won't be able to get a bike everytime I'm sure

thats how my class is, I only have 9 bikes, so I have to turn people away, and I HATE that. I'm told that they got me 10 more bike, but I havent seen them yet.....
  • Serenifly
    Options
    Yeah I live in a really small town for newly wed and nearly deads, and there are only 14000 of us! haha this is a rather cheap gym that doesn't have a lot of money ... The gym I was at, was WAY nicer 3X the monthy rate with 5 X tthe bikes, and didn't offer 1 single spinning class!!!! Or any class that would be included with your gym membership! So I'm happy at this new gym, I like giving them my business, but it's sad some people get turned away
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I've never done spinning before just curious if classes are conducted in a sauna type evironment or an AC blasted one?
  • Serenifly
    Options
    At my gym for every spinning class, even if it's zero degrees we have two fans, and two windows open ... I usually start off with a long sleeve thermal ... and work until I'm tank top ready ;.. I prefer to work out with hoodies and thermals on , for some reason I think I lose more weight

hey UFC fighters do it to cut weight! haha
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At our gym the studio where we spin is definitely air conditioned. It always seems a bit chilly at first but I'm warm after a few minutes and starting to drip sweat not long after.

Love spinning.